I was planning to work a bit more today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirdboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I'd crack that bottle of Stone Imperial Russian Stout while I was trying to get some **** ready for tomorrow and now I'm completely toasted.

On the plus side, it's a great beer and goes well with the dried squid I'm eating with it.

Dried squid is the shiznit, and it goes SO WELL with beer. You are missing out if you haven't tried it. It's basically squid jerky and has been a staple drinking snack in Japan for years.

It's called "saki ika" if you go to a Japanese grocery.

Unfortunately I finished all mine and only have a few shrimp-flavored peanuts left to accompany my beer.

p.s. The spicy stuff is good but I really like the smoked flavor too.

My fellow SoCal brewer knows of which he speaks.

Although, he should really be turning everyone on to the Vietnamese drinking snacks if he were doing his job. I mean you're right next to Little Saigon for ****'s sake.

You forgot ramen, but I won't hold it against you.

I happen to live in Gardena, which is a good place to venture forth if you're looking for ramen. Everyone says Little Tokyo is the place to go, but they're mistaken.

Gardena is the best kept culinary secret in SoCal.

Let's see...

Sanari Sushi
That food mall on Western & Redondo.
El Pollo Inca
Ribs Nest & JB's
Another sushi joint on Western
+ a but load of other places whose name's I can't recall

Best sushi in Gardena is at a place called Sakae Sushi on Redondo Beach Blvd across the street from Marukai. However it's only open for takeout, and only at lunchtime, and if you're not familiar with typical Japanese sushi and are expecting spider rolls and **** like that, it's probably not for you.

Huh, I love me some thai. There is a Vietnamese place near my office I have been thinking of going to. I will have to stop in now.

Back