Hop Irrigation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drip irrigation is one of the most efficent uses of water in agriculture if you can get the setting right... I don't grow hops bt I can see how it would work well...

I bought a the Dig drip system and used two 1gph drip heads for each plant I have. I run them about 30 min when I leave for work and once when I get home with a cheap water time and my plants are going crazy. Even for a first year my Centennial are going to produce a lot of cones.

I use a drip system for my hops. I don't think they would have made it through the first summer without it. One 8-way distributor and 1 gph on each port. I run it twice a week for 3 hours, but my plants all 2 or 3 years old. Ran it more often & for shorter periods the first year.

All I can say is... wow... this is my first year with the vines and I will get way more hops than I expected. Enough to get me through all my brewing needs till next years harvest. I think a lot has to do with the steady supply of water from the irrigation.

I'm going to put something like this together for next year. this year I used a soaker hose but the thing keeps getting bigger and bigger holes in it. Also the hops on the water in end get way more water then on the deadend of the hose. Funny thing is, the hops getting less water are doing great. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back