Cinnalasses Cyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conr

Reaction score
Ok so i got my first brew going. I decided to start my cyser first. Just kinda threw some stuff together.
5 gal Tree top apple juice
12 lbs wildflower honey
6 oz molasses
8 cinnamon sticks
Red star champagne yeast
yeast nutrient

the cinnamon sticks where steeped in 6 cups warm (145 degree) apple juice, for 30 min. Stick where removed and molasses mixed in. then the juice, cinnamom/molasses mixture and honey where combined in the fermenter. Once the honey was nicely dissolved i pitched the yeast and let it work. will keep updates going.
OG was 1.118
what are your thoughts?

Ok so i got my first brew going. I decided to start my cyser first. Just kinda threw some stuff together.
5 gal Tree top apple juice
12 lbs wildflower honey
6 oz molasses
8 cinnamon sticks
Red star champagne yeast
yeast nutrient

the cinnamon sticks where steeped in 6 cups warm (145 degree) apple juice, for 30 min. Stick where removed and molasses mixed in. then the juice, cinnamom/molasses mixture and honey where combined in the fermenter. Once the honey was nicely dissolved i pitched the yeast and let it work. will keep updates going.
OG was 1.118
what are your thoughts?

sounds interesting please let us know how it turns out, I use honey and brown sugar with mulling spices and it is awesome

originally it was going to just be cinnamon but I had me some pancakes with a homemade syrup (made with a molasses blend) for breakfast. That had my mouth thinkin about the rich flavor that molasses could impart. didnt want to use a bunch of it though cause its a pretty strong flavor and didnt want it to overpower the rest.

What's your recipe for the mulling spices? I got a bad Christmas gift (thanks Aunt!) and need to use some mulling spices up. A mead sounds like a very good solution to this situation.

What's your recipe for the mulling spices? I got a bad Christmas gift (thanks Aunt!) and need to use some mulling spices up. A mead sounds like a very good solution to this situation.

1tsp nutmeg
1tsp allspice
1tsp ginger
2tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
all ground and steeped with equal parts honey and water cool before adding to must

Back