New brewer from central New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenlivet

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been debating taking the plunge into home brewing for a while now. I have checked out this site a few times before I finally went today and picked up my home brewing setup. Nothing fancy but it will get my by with my intro to brewing. I chose a nice pale ale as my first beer. Hopefully it comes out well, it should be ready around memorial day!

I know this an intro section but I've already got a quick question. The instructions call for cascade hops as the dry hop. In bold red letters next to it it says DO NOT ADD TO KETTLE. Where should I add them? Sorry if its a dumb question but I appreciate your help.

Awesome, I thought I remembered reading that in Palmer's book, but couldn't find it and the instructions that came with it don't say. Thanks for your help!

I'm in Hightstown in Mercer County.

Just joined the site today. I am somewhat new to homebrewing, only started about a month ago, and I've only brewed 3 beers so far. Just got the corny keg setup going, so I'm happy about that.

Saw that you were from central NJ, so I figure I will post a reply. I'm from Belle Mead. Just wanted to let you know that if you haven't joined the AHA yet, I joined and I've been using my discount over at Triumph.

Know of any home brewer's club in the area?

Latest posts

Back