My Koelsch First taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primevci

Reaction score
I jsut did my first hydrometer reading and it was at 1016 started at 1055 ill check again in 3 days it taste real good but is way cloudier then i thought it would be its been in the fermenter for 8 days and fermented steady at 68ish degress as the the direction for the yeast said was optimal for it.. do i need to let it sit longer to clear up? or is it the nature of homebrew? it looks like a heff to me.

beer.jpg

Koelsch yeast is notoriously slow to floc and settle out. Be patient; and you'll probably want to think about fining.

People leave their brew in the primary for 4+ weeks so I would say yes, let it sit longer.

wonder if i sucked up some yeast with the thief its one of those pin trigger ones and i think i sucked from the bottom i see what looks like yeast settle at the bottom of my glass..... i have a fridge after its done fermenting could i throw it in there to make the sediment drop faster before bottling? man this taste awesome im savoring the sample i pulled

I did my kolsch about 2 weeks primary (moved after the last hydro reading was consistent with the last 2) and then 3 weeks in my secondary conditioning and I still could have waited longer. Treat a kolsch like a lager and give it time and be patient.

Back