Why can't you just do your f$cking JOB!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What is it these days? Why is it so hard to get peopple to do there d%mn jobs for the pay they agreed to.

I order a device off e-bay.

The seller ships it to the address I specify, which happens to be my work address because I have had issues with packages not staying on the porch and delivery guys not paying attention to the signature requirements.

The carrier pushes the little button to get to the floor specified on the box.

No Wait! Apparently that last bit is too difficult. Even for a Federal Employee.

Tracking confirms that the package was delivered "to the building". USPS Priority Mail doesn't require a signature so I can't even trace who signed for it.

My frustration is that this is not the first time. This happens ALL THE TIME HERE. I usually get a call from the receptioninst on the floor where the package was actually delivered. Usually it is either the floor above, or the floor below.

I just don't get why it is, apparently, so difficult to just deliver this SH&T to where it is supposed to go.

Sucks to be you. Sounds like you need to add some instructions to the shipment that say, "Don't be a *********, take this package to the right floor!"

I have a similar problem everytime I order from UPS. I live in apartment letter I. In my complex there is also an apartment letter L and number 1. Every package I've gotten from UPS since I've lived here has gone to one of the other apartments. So I just have to watch until the tracking says delivered and go knocking on doors.

I have a similar problem everytime I order from UPS. I live in apartment letter I. In my complex there is also an apartment letter L and number 1. Every package I've gotten from UPS since I've lived here has gone to one of the other apartments. So I just have to watch until the tracking says delivered and go knocking on doors.

Saddest part is that I have, essentially, done that. I have been to all te floors in the is building and talked to each receptionist and no one seems to know where this package is.

I have good luck with the UPS drivers....build a relationship with them. They bring my packages to me at work no matter what.
Also...be careful what you wish for. I complained about this problem in our office so much that they decided to make my office ( as in my personal office....not the part of the building....ME) the shipping and recieving department too! DOH!

I have good luck with the UPS drivers....build a relationship with them. They bring my packages to me at work no matter what.
Also...be careful what you wish for. I complained about this problem in our office so much that they decided to make my office ( as in my personal office....not the part of the building....ME) the shipping and recieving department too! DOH!

+1 on building a relationship with the drivers. The best way is to let them come in out of the hot/cold into the office for a few minutes to get a breather. No more lost packages for you and they will go out of the way to make sure you get your ****.

My UPS guy has my mobile number and I have his. We communicate well and help each other.

They can have a crappy job sometimes. It helps to treat them as people.

I finally did locate the package. Turns out the postman/woman left it (with other parcels) on a empty desk in the BASEMENT of this building. I only managed to locate it because I just happened to go down there to get some Health Insurance related paperwork on my upcoming son.

Apparently, the usual carrier is on vacation and the replacement hasn't figure out where the mail room is. An odd circumstance to be sure as there isn't any reason why the carrier would be compelled to go to the basement unless he/she was just lost.

That's another problem I used to have. I would order things to be delivered at home and they would see the name and bring it to me at work. The problem being that they would be medical supplies for my wife that she needed, so I would have to take time out from work to drive the frigging package to where it was supposed to go in the first place.

My UPS guy has my mobile number and I have his. We communicate well and help each other.

They can have a crappy job sometimes. It helps to treat them as people.

i'm a shipping/receiving supervisor and i send everything through work. it's really nice to have those guys on your side.

+1,000 to developing a relationship, we have our UPS dude's cell phone number and he has most of ours, we communicate well and he's one hell of a nice guy (just has a ****ty job dealing with ****ty people).

he'll take the time to hand deliver packages to everyone in the office, and bs a little bit along the way :D

UPS and USPS are two totally different animals.

UPS guy screws up to much and he/she is gone

USPS guy well has a job for life barring stealing mail or some other federal offence.

My new UPS driver:

169992.jpg

People not doing their jobs? I drove to work today behind a cop car. He mad three (THREE) turns while I has behind him, not one turn signal, not ONE! And this is a jerk who can stop me and give me a ticket for farting! I can accept that possibly his winker was broken, but face it if you are a cop you should check all your lights and signals every day like they used to tell US to! (Showing my age with that one)

The OP is right. People are too lazy to do their jobs, and when those people hold federal positions or positions of authority over us, well, they should at least TRY to get the basics right!!!.....Oh, Ggrrrrrrr!!! :(

People not doing their jobs? I drove to work today behind a cop car. He mad three (THREE) turns while I has behind him, not one turn signal, not ONE! And this is a jerk who can stop me and give me a ticket for farting! I can accept that possibly his winker was broken, but face it if you are a cop you should check all your lights and signals every day like they used to tell US to! (Showing my age with that one)

The OP is right. People are too lazy to do their jobs, and when those people hold federal positions or positions of authority over us, well, they should at least TRY to get the basics right!!!.....Oh, Ggrrrrrrr!!! :(

Every day I have to deal with gridlocking at an unavoidable intersection. And every day I see cops in the mix. Technically, gridlocking an intersection is a traffic violation. In 3 years of having to deal with this intersection I have only seen 2 cops respond......

By turning on their lights and going around the gridlock only to turn their lights off once they got around.

W T F :mad:

I wish the girl at UPS didn't do her job yesterday. Despite my best efforts at totally lying through my teeth to her and doing a fantastic packaging job, she still needed to see how the "glassware" I was sending for SS was packaged.

BUSTED.

Oh well, found a sucker contract UPS guy today who didn't care about anything other than my money going to him. I suppose that really makes me the sucker.:eek:

My new UPS driver:

169992.jpg

I wish she would move her ass out of the way. That is a nice looking chair blocking the door (for no apparent reason) I wanna see the chair dammit!!! Nice textured finish on that wall too! I'm actually very impressed with the whole front entrance of that place!.....But I have to admit, I like her rear entrance better :)

Back