Delivering Barley to the Malt Plant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
Not to long ago I posted a few pictures of our barley harvest. Now I thought I would share some pictures of us delivering barley to the malt plant. I asked the plant manager who buys their malt. He said a lot goes to New Belgium...have to load the frig with more Fat Tire.

Sucking the barley out of the bin.
IMG_0860.jpg

The grain vac loading the truck.
IMG_0862.jpg

Driving up to the malt plant.
IMG_0864.jpg

The malt plant taking a sample.
IMG_0867.jpg

Driving around to the unloading shed.
IMG_0874.jpg

Unloading the truck. Sorry for not getting a better pic, they don't let you get out of the truck (got to protect the union:)).
IMG_0877.jpg

Driving away for another load.
IMG_0883.jpg

Can't wait for the next trip. The manager said he will get me a bucket of 2-row.

Forgot to mention that when I was unloading, they had a leak in one of the conveyors overhead. It was literally raining malt on the roof of my truck...heaven.

Thanks for sharing! That's the mostest & most big silos mine eyes have ever seen!!! Impressive, but I imagine your truck deliveries are a drop in the bucket compared to the grain coming in on rail car. Makes me wonder who all gets their malt via railcar? BMC of course, but others must also...

Schlante,
Phillip

Latest posts

Back