I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a bottling night with my first saison - using 3726 yeast courtesy of TNGabe. I bottled half - it went from 1.056 to 1.002 (and people rave about 3711 tearing through wort!) The gravity sample tastes great (don't even notice it's flat.) I put the other half onto five pounds of pomegranate and I'm really looking forward to that in another six weeks or so!

And a nice one from a group my friend turned me onto during vacation.

Goodnight all!

[ame="http://youtu.be/INn1C6ImJKg"]http://youtu.be/INn1C6ImJKg[/ame]

pomegranate saison.jpg

What about us folks without children? We can't teach, influence, inspire too?

My kids are me. They have my look, my traits, my voice, my ideals, my idiosyncrasies, my tastes, my faults. They can't escape it: they learned to be human from me. I live on through them when I'm gone. I don't think that exists without raising children.

I don't need anyone to build a statue of me, I grew them myself :D

passedpawn said:
Haha!

I'm not nice to electricity I guess. It might be the most contained, controlled, unliberated element in my life. So, no freedom for the electrons. I have to disagree here.

Me too. In fact, except for some very very few, we all will. The only way to leave any mark on this world is through your children.

Yep.

Now, for your late night on HBT soundtrack, a little light bouncy music from Lorde. Almost the weekend HBTers.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

Is there a 'Like' application for iPhone users? If not. I'm gonna do this

passedpawn said:
haha!

I'm not nice to electricity i guess. It might be the most contained, controlled, Unliberated element in my life. So, no freedom for the electrons. I have to disagree here.

Me too. In fact, except for some very very few, we all will. The only way to leave any mark on this world is through your children.

Yep.

Now, for your late night on hbt soundtrack, a little light bouncy music from lorde. Almost the weekend hbters.

video link: Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcikh6sbtc

passedpawn said:
my kids are me. They have my look, my traits, my voice, my ideals, my idiosyncrasies, my tastes, my faults. They can't escape it: They learned to be human from me. I live on through them when i'm gone. I don't think that exists without raising children.

I don't need anyone to build a statue of me, i grew them myself :d

Give up, Dan. You don't know how to use that phone. My phone is simple but it will text. My son thinks it's funny every time I text, like a cryptic message to decipher. But, he always knows what I meant. And just kidding, bro, keep trying... one day you will conquer the phone.

Ok, maybe not quite yet. Here's another mellow one for you late nighters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is Thursday the 22nd of June. By this time next week every physical motif of thisplace I've called my henSr the last decade is close to being history. I just want to day goodbye to and the place was worthier than I per on it. It would be sold

Moving stuff out. All did not go. This morning I emptied 'junk' cabinets and drawers. Don't know about you but neat stuff and memories are held there in those drawers.

Tonight I took the night off moving stuff. All needed now is cleaning a little paint here and there, stuff like that. This is probably one if the worst times of my life but will brings means to an end. No idea how this will work out. .

Thatp

Dan said:
Today is Thursday the 22nd of June. By this time next week every physical motif of thisplace I've called my henSr the last decade is close to being history. I just want to day goodbye to and the place was worthier than I per on it. It would be sold

Moving stuff out. All did not go. This morning I emptied 'junk' cabinets and drawers. Don't know about you but neat stuff and memories are held there in those drawers.

Tonight I took the night off moving stuff. All needed now is cleaning a little paint here and there, stuff like that. This is probably one if the worst times of my life but will brings means to an end. No idea how this will work out. .

Thatp

Typos rule my text. Im not in the mood to fix

Thatp

Has this thread developed time travel?

Dan when's the last time you moved? or anyone else here for that matter. It is interesting to see what things we collect when we don't move often and what things don't make the cut when we move.

brewingmeister said:

Dan when's the last time you moved? or anyone else here for that matter. It is interesting to see what things we collect when we don't move often and what things don't make the cut when we move.

My date was wrong by two months. Hold on, let me read your whole post

brewingmeister said:

I have moved quite often over many years. Never like this though

Sorry Dan, that this move is so difficult for you. But, come into the future with us, let's fast forward to August 23rd. Unknowns can be scary, but no worries, different isn't always worse than before. Different can be better. Take my rice wine, for example, really, take it, tastes and smells very bad, but who knows what the future will bring. Nothing wrong with things aging and changing, improving over time.

:tank:

It would be interesting to know more about your project.

I'm just pasting this from a PM I sent yesterday:

Any experience with the BCS? I'm thinking of starting off with the following DIY kit (with the BCS-462 and ALL additional options) as I have a coupon for them anyways: http://www.ebrewsupply.com/ebrew-kits/bcs-4-element-2-pumps-50a-kit.html

Any thoughts? I'll be deviating from that plan somewhat, not only because I'll be adding a third pump and automated valves, but also because the BCS unit will be housed in a separate "master" panel beside my ferm chamber which it will be used to directly control. A "slave" panel will be beside the brewstand itself, with ALL the BCS signal wires still being fed to it through 6 or 7 ethernet cables (48-56 individual wires) that will be run in the wall... an 8th ethernet cable being used for the actual network interface, run to a switch so that I can access it through the web-based GUI on my PC (which will also be in the room). In addition to allowing all my brewing/ferm functions to be controlled by a single, central device, the master/slave setup will also allow me to have the added safety capability to kill power to the entire 220V/50A brewstand (slave) panel, without having to interrupt the whole process by allowing the BCS unit itself to keep operating without powering off in the master panel.

Hope that all makes sense.

I might have done a slightly mean thing to my SWMBO, but she deserved it.

For over a year I have asked her to go through a pile of papers and materials from her teaching that was piled in our shed. Huge shed, 10' by 20' - nobody couldn't use it as it had this big pile of boxes and crap in the middle. Every time I asked her to go through it, she said "yes dear", and might take one box out and clear it out. In June, I said to her "If you don't clear this out by the end of July I am bringing it all into the house". She smiled. I didn't smile.

So now, August 23, 2013, I carried every single box and crate of stuff into the house and piled it around her favorite easy chair. Not just next to it, I built a *wall* of boxes. I have also provided boxes labeled "Keep", "Toss", and "Recycle/Give Away".

In the shed I installed bike racks and shelves and organized everything. Clean as a whistle. I could do the "Hills are Alive" dance in my shed, swinging my arms, and not hit anything. I almost broke down in tears of joy. No, let's be an honest man, I DID break down in tears of joy.

This has been a point of friction between us. I consider the matter settled, unless she tries to dump the stuff back in the shed. If that happens, there will be a bonfire made in the back yard.

For over a year I have asked her to go through a pile of papers and materials from her teaching that was piled in our shed. Huge shed, 10' by 20' - nobody couldn't use it as it had this big pile of boxes and crap in the middle. Every time I asked her to go through it, she said "yes dear", and might take one box out and clear it out. In June, I said to her "If you don't clear this out by the end of July I am bringing it all into the house". She smiled. I didn't smile.

So now, August 23, 2013, I carried every single box and crate of stuff into the house and piled it around her favorite easy chair. Not just next to it, I built a *wall* of boxes. I have also provided boxes labeled "Keep", "Toss", and "Recycle/Give Away".

In the shed I installed bike racks and shelves and organized everything. Clean as a whistle. I could do the "Hills are Alive" dance in my shed, swinging my arms, and not hit anything. I almost broke down in tears of joy. No, let's be an honest man, I DID break down in tears of joy.

This has been a point of friction between us. I consider the matter settled, unless she tries to dump the stuff back in the shed. If that happens, there will be a bonfire made in the back yard.

I applaud your effort. I hope you don't have to move it all back soon.

Thunder_Chicken said:

That's just the kind of passive aggressive maneuver I'd pull :D I hope you get to keep your clean shed tho! :mug:

Passive agressive nothing...I spoke to her about it all summer. I am just making good on my word. If she puts it back in the shed it will go on a bonfire the next evening.

Love her dearly, but SWMBO needs to heed HWMBO sometimes.

How long have you been married?

Well, I've also been fixing and repairing and painting and cleaning out the house while she has been gone, so it is not all just on her. Asking her to sort through some boxes is not a hardship for her, and I already did 90% of the heavy lifting already. I've done a lot of things around here that will make her very happy, so it's only fair. She'll probably be happy with the extra space in the shed as I mounted her bike and made all her stuff easy to get to.

I bet she'll sort the boxes now that they're in the house. She was probably dreading either doing it in the shed or moving so many boxes to a nicer location.

When I was a kid, my mom would tell me to clean my room, but of course, I wouldn't. So she would sweep everything out from under the bed and dump out every drawer right in the middle of the floor. Very effective, and I always felt so much better after I cleaned it all up.

I bet she'll sort the boxes now that they're in the house. She was probably dreading either doing it in the shed or moving so many boxes to a nicer location.

When I was a kid, my mom would tell me to clean my room, but of course, I wouldn't. So she would sweep everything out from under the bed and dump out every drawer right in the middle of the floor. Very effective, and I always felt so much better after I cleaned it all up.

That's what I figure too. The shed kinda sucks in summer. Now it is inside and pretty easy to sort. It really isn't a whole lot to do, but she has to do it.

That's what I figure too. The shed kinda sucks in summer. Now it is inside and pretty easy to sort. It really isn't a whole lot to do, but she has to do it.

We have a storage unit full of boxes of teaching papers and junk from a move (We didn't have Dan's sense to get rid of stuff). We paid (are paying) for storage for years (cringe). I thought, "Hey, I'll bring one home every once in a while and we can sort them." Now my garage is crowned with unsorted boxes and I still have the &*#*$( storage unit. I would do your dance endlessly if we could just discard half of it all.

We have a storage unit full of boxes of teaching papers and junk from a move (We didn't have Dan's sense to get rid of stuff). We paid (are paying) for storage for years (cringe). I thought, "Hey, I'll bring one home every once in a while and we can sort them." Now my garage is crowned with unsorted boxes and I still have the &*#*$( storage unit. I would do your dance endlessly if we could just discard half of it all.

Nothing gasoline, a match, and an alibi wouldn't fix. I saw nothing. :cool:

Nothing gasoline, a match, and an alibi wouldn't fix. I saw nothing. :cool:

Think of the equipment/beer you could have and then remember that your probably paid more then the stuff is worth. We had furniture and clothes that we stored and could have bought brand new for the cost of 1.5 years of paying storage fees.:mad:;)

Same problem in my garage. Wife has boxes of crap that she keeps but has no use for. These items slowly disappear to the attic above the garage (which I sometimes confuse with The curb on Thursday night, the garbage men arrive early Thursday)
It's funny sometimes she asks" what did you so with that plastic tote that had valentines day decorations on it??"

I just go look and can't find it....because its gone. I tell her this and if its a big deal she will go buy more before she looks for herself. Problem solved. Clean garage.

Then I get the argument my brewing stuff takes up a lot of space. To that I reply that I actually use my brewing equipment.

If the crap isn't important get rid of it.

Same problem in my garage. Wife has boxes of crap that she keeps but has no use for. These items slowly disappear to the attic above the garage (which I sometimes confuse with The curb on Thursday night, the garbage men arrive early Thursday)
It's funny sometimes she asks" what did you so with that plastic tote that had valentines day decorations on it??"

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who does this. I get as much as I can to GoodWill, but a lot of it is crap.

True. I moved April of last year. I've still got stuff in boxes I haven't opened. I'm going to have to move it all, so I'll go through it at the same time and get rid of stuff. I already know that about half of it will be either toss or donate.

I'm just pasting this from a PM I sent yesterday:

Any experience with the BCS? I'm thinking of starting off with the following DIY kit (with the BCS-462 and ALL additional options) as I have a coupon for them anyways: http://www.ebrewsupply.com/ebrew-kits/bcs-4-element-2-pumps-50a-kit.html

Any thoughts? I'll be deviating from that plan somewhat, not only because I'll be adding a third pump and automated valves, but also because the BCS unit will be housed in a separate "master" panel beside my ferm chamber which it will be used to directly control. A "slave" panel will be beside the brewstand itself, with ALL the BCS signal wires still being fed to it through 6 or 7 ethernet cables (48-56 individual wires) that will be run in the wall... an 8th ethernet cable being used for the actual network interface, run to a switch so that I can access it through the web-based GUI on my PC (which will also be in the room). In addition to allowing all my brewing/ferm functions to be controlled by a single, central device, the master/slave setup will also allow me to have the added safety capability to kill power to the entire 220V/50A brewstand (slave) panel, without having to interrupt the whole process by allowing the BCS unit itself to keep operating without powering off in the master panel.

Hope that all makes sense.
It does. Unfortunately, I know nothing about BCS systems. About the closest thing I've ever done is putter around with a breadboard in high-school. I passed the electronics exam, but that was about 10 years ago.

That's part of the reason I'm interested in your project. I like to learn about new things.

I would hate to think that I wasn't a better, and more knowledgeable, person this year then I was last year.

Everyone's patience and tolerance has a limit. She's going to find out where your limit in that matter is. Good for you, say what you mean and mean what you say.

Latest posts

Back