Bulk grain order Central Pa Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hop crop is coming in, I'm checking on pricing for a bulk hop buy. The hops come in 11 lb bags, anyone interested? I should have some prices next week.
Pretty well set on grain right now, but have an interest in the hop buy. Looking forward to hearing details.

Probably just hops this time, I still have quite a bit of grain from last Aprils buy. I will do another grain buy probably late fall or early winter.
Seems like North Country does not get their hops until the end of the year??? I spoke with them today and the lady told me they don't get any during the current harvest going on right now, they must get the left overs! So I'm going to probably be ordering direct from fresh hops, looks like no bulk hop buy at this time, sorry for jumping the gun but I figured they would get their hops at the same time as the fresh harvest.

I think hopunion is more interested in making good on their contracts to the big guys first and the homebrew market is secondary.

Yes, but you can let them know you're interested in a group buy and they will be in contact with you. We got two local clubs here that put together an order and it is pending at the moment once they finalize their harvest at the end of this month.

Yes, but you can let them know you're interested in a group buy and they will be in contact with you. We got two local clubs here that put together an order and it is pending at the moment once they finalize their harvest at the end of this month.
Thanks for the info, I'll try that route.

They got back to us this morning on American varieties but still know nothing of what they are going to get import-wise.

Depending on shipping (which I don't know about yet), it would be somewhat of a savings over current bulk pricing.

They got back to us this morning on American varieties but still know nothing of what they are going to get import-wise.

Depending on shipping (which I don't know about yet), it would be somewhat of a savings over current bulk pricing.
They told me that they do have the following import hops available from last year in pellet form. Ger Hallertau, Ger Hersbrucker, Czech Saaz all for around $22 a lb in 11 lb bulk bags. Of course shipping would be on top of that. I'm waiting to see what all they will have available from this years crop at the end of the month.

I am interested and hope you post what you find. Perhaps start a new thread??? I am uncertain whether I will buy with you or get something going in MD.
Warrior: Where exactly are you located in PA? York area?? I am out on a west Balto suburb. Hops I am interested in:Centennial, Simcoe, Goldings, Cascade, Summit..... just to name a few. I like whole hops, not pellets but will go w/ the flow. Do keep us informed. Charlie

They told me that they do have the following import hops available from last year in pellet form. Ger Hallertau, Ger Hersbrucker, Czech Saaz all for around $22 a lb in 11 lb bulk bags. Of course shipping would be on top of that. I'm waiting to see what all they will have available from this years crop at the end of the month.

I am interested and hope you post what you find. Perhaps start a new thread??? I am uncertain whether I will buy with you or get something going in MD.
Warrior: Where exactly are you located in PA? York area?? I am out on a west Balto suburb. Hops I am interested in:Centennial, Simcoe, Goldings, Cascade, Summit..... just to name a few. I like whole hops, not pellets but will go w/ the flow. Do keep us informed. Charlie
Charlie,

I'm just 5 mins from I-83 just North of York about 1 hour from Balt.

Not too far, i feel a rode trip coming down. Keep me in the loop. Charlie
Looks like the following hops will be available at this time. They are 15 lb bales of whole leaf hops. all will be $25 a lb after being divided up except the Willamette will be $20 a lb.

Hops available

Mt Rainer, Magnum, Tett, Fuggles, Nugget, Will and cascade. Might be able to also get Perle and some Liberty. Anyone interested PM me.

Looks like the following hops will be available at this time. They are 15 lb bales of whole leaf hops. all will be $25 a lb after being divided up except the Willamette will be $20 a lb.

Hops available

Mt Rainer, Magnum, Tett, Fuggles, Nugget, Will and cascade. Might be able to also get Perle and some Liberty. Anyone interested PM me.
Does not seem to be enough interest in the bulk hop buy. If I don't get much more response I'd order your hops from freshops.

I would be interested in the hop buy.
Sorry to say I will not be doing the bulk buy. I ended up ordering 7 lbs of hops on line. If you need some I'd try Freshops, they seem to have a decent selection and pricing. That's where I ordered most of mine from.

Latest posts

Back