System wiring - book recomendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordie

Reaction score
I did a search and haven't found too much that seems to be right on point. Most of what I found is general home wiring DIYs and panel upgrades and whatnot and I'm not sure all that is too useful for what I'm thinking.

I'm looking to tinker with my system and control panel and wanted to find a good DIY type book that would cover the basics of wiring a control system, system automation, modifying and integrating components and basically "electrical engineering for children".

Anyone have any resources they can point me to?

I did a search and haven't found too much that seems to be right on point. Most of what I found is general home wiring DIYs and panel upgrades and whatnot and I'm not sure all that is too useful for what I'm thinking.

I'm looking to tinker with my system and control panel and wanted to find a good DIY type book that would cover the basics of wiring a control system, system automation, modifying and integrating components and basically "electrical engineering for children".

Anyone have any resources they can point me to?

There is not really an easy electrical engeering program. That's why it's a difficult degree to obtain!! There is no, "plug the green wire in the red socket" book for automation, especially when it comes to automating a homebrew setup! Sorry to be blunt. I'd recomend reading the threads here and just hope someone posts detailed schematics after a build. But working with 120V around water isn't a place to learn about electricity. You will learn that it hurts.

Drat.

I've already got two Love controllers running the typical Brutus LP gas solinoids and the bits I've learned from dealing with that and the ferm temp control I've put in place has me interested and befuddled by most of the threads that get deep into the subject.

Time to head to the Home Depot Library...

An additional problem is that electrical engineering is kinda like the mechanical engineering of the 21st century. I have a BSEE - as does just about everyone else I work with - and we never touch circuits. We program supercomputers. The field is huge.

That said, the kind of stuff you need to know for this kind of work is pretty straightforward. Digital circuits are pretty simple. I don't know if I could suggest a book, but you will find good information here. It's just going to be pretty piecemeal.

Back