Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only use beersmith. Used Pro-Mash for a while but like beersmith much better. I’m game. Just let me know if you want a review. I will gladly give it a shot. I like the idea of collaboration between the blogs.

Yes I use it but may not be the best to review it since I don't also use one of the standard recipe applications such as Beersmith so wouldn't really have a benchmark to compare it with.

Having said that, if there is no one in a better position to write a review of Brew Mate, I'd be glad to.

I've got some pictures up on the blog of the brew rig progress if you're interested in checking it out. Everything is coming along very well and very quickly now.

I've got some pictures up on the blog of the brew rig progress if you're interested in checking it out. Everything is coming along very well and very quickly now.

Looking good man! I need to learn how weld and build myself a rig. I just posted a Pliny the Elder review along with some other beer reviews.

http://fluke-brewing.blogspot.com/

I use Brew Pal for iOS. Let me know if you're interested

Brew Pal is so amazing, I constantly forget that it's a 99 cent app. It works really well, is nicely customizable, and can do pretty much everything all the other brew programs can. It's a little glitchy at times, but I swear by it and I wish there was a computer version of it. Does anyone know if there is an iPad version as well?

There isn't an ipad version, but it does work on the iPad. It's definitely got it's quirks, but overall it's really nice. I'm looking forward to version 2.0 should it ever come out.

Even in it's current state, I never use any pc brewing software. Brewpal is quick, it gets the job done, and it's always in my pocket. Plus when inspiration strikes, I don't have to run to the computer to draw up a recipe, I can just whip out my phone.

I've just started getting mine underway. The Olde Mullins Brewery

It'll take some time getting it to where I want it. With work, brewing, and other stuff. Also finding time to sit down and make up all of my label art for my beer page, and products for merchandise.

Pics and media will be on the way, I'm thinking maybe video reviews or something. I've got plans for a regular feature.

Just found this thread and there are so many great blogs here! Can't wait to find some time this weekend to visit them all. :D

If I may add ours to the mix, we just launched brewgeeks.com a few weeks ago and would love to see what you guys think. While it is a straight blog, we are hoping to fill it with useful guides, pictures, and DIY projects to help the new brewer along and give something back.

Cheers all!

-TK

Just found this thread and there are so many great blogs here! Can't wait to find some time this weekend to visit them all. :D

If I may add ours to the mix, we just launched brewgeeks.com a few weeks ago and would love to see what you guys think. While it is a straight blog, we are hoping to fill it with useful guides, pictures, and DIY projects to help the new brewer along and give something back.

Cheers all!

-TK

Great looking site, thanks for sharing :mug:

I really like the taking better pictures of your brew post. Good stuff tknice. Thanks for sharing.

I really like the taking better pictures of your brew post. Good stuff tknice. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for checking it out 1stTimer! We try to update it every day or two so there is always something new to see.

The taking better pictures post was scottlands over at his site bertus brewery and I liked it as well!

-TK

Thanks HollisBrewCo for organising the collaboration blog post and to BillyBroas, 1stTimer, brettwasbtd for collaborating! We got 5 interesting brewing software reviews out of it:

Beer Alchemy Review - reviewed by Devon Hamilton, Hollis Brewing Co.

iBrewMaster Review - reviewed by Billy Broas, HomeBrew Academy

BeerSmith Review - reviewed by Jimmy Sharp, Atomic Donkey Brewing

Brewtarget Review - reviewed by Brett Shegogue, Shegogue Brew

BrewMate Review - reviewed by Aidan Curran, Beer And Garden

Outstanding! This was fun. We should definitely make this a regular thing. Well done everyone.. Love the true community feeling on this site.

Thanks HollisBrewCo for organising the collaboration blog post and to BillyBroas, 1stTimer, brettwasbtd for collaborating! We got 5 interesting brewing software reviews out of it:

Beer Alchemy Review - reviewed by Devon Hamilton, Hollis Brewing Co.

iBrewMaster Review - reviewed by Billy Broas, HomeBrew Academy

BeerSmith Review - reviewed by Jimmy Sharp, Atomic Donkey Brewing

Brewtarget Review - reviewed by Brett Shegogue, Shegogue Brew

BrewMate Review - reviewed by Aidan Curran, Beer And Garden

We sure did, I hadn't even heard of BrewMate until now, it looks really solid!

New post and Poll Question up on the blog. http://atomicdonkeybrewing.blogspot.com

Who wouldn't vote "yes" to that poll?

I just thought I'd throw mine in here. I just started it last month so there's not much there yet but I plan on keeping it updated.
Morgan River Brewery

By the way, I like all that I'm seeing here and I'm adding links to the ones here. I am still trying to figure out exactly how I want to do that but it's a work in progress.

I just thought I'd throw mine in here. I just started it last month so there's not much there yet but I plan on keeping it updated.
Morgan River Brewery

By the way, I like all that I'm seeing here and I'm adding links to the ones here. I am still trying to figure out exactly how I want to do that but it's a work in progress.

Looks great! really like the layout and info!

Morgan River Brewery

Yeah, I like it a lot as well!

Great job David!

Indeed. I think I am going to go by advanced auto this or next weekend to get those tire stems for DIY carb cap.

Where in MD are you?
Awesome.. the carb caps work great. I think they come two in a pack.

I'm in Western Howard County. You're not too far from me--right down 270.

Back