What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To good to check into untappd with that Gandhi bot?

Thanks for reminding me. I've already gone through 1.5 liters.

Here's another.

image.jpg

Was kicking around in Nashville and had brought a couple of nice growlers from home (like $30-40 nice) in case I wanted to pick something up and bring home from one of the breweries. Went in Blackstone, and they said "well, we won't fill your growler up, but you can give us that one and we will trade you for one of ours. :mad:

Last time I was in Nashville was in 2008. I was staying near Vandy and went to Blackstone after I ate at a BBQ place on the main strip near the Sommet Center. The name escapes me. Anyhow, I got a growler fill of Nut Brown Ale and put it in my checked luggage, which is what I always do when I travel and attempt to bring home beer.

Last time I was in Portland, Oregon, I brought home 4 Rogue bombers as well as a growler. :D

damn remmy almost a full growler of gandhi in two hours?!

Actually, just over half-a-growler so far. The sad part is I make my workout regimen that much tougher when I slam beers down like I have been today. Being fat and out-of-shape scares the **** out if me.

Remmy said:
Actually, just over half-a-growler so far. The sad part is I make my workout regimen that much tougher when I slam beers down like I have been today. Being fat and out-of-shape scares the **** out if me.

At the gym as I type this. Getting ready for my HF trip tomorrow after work. Then a cookout. Sunday may be painful:)

hmm my growlers 1.87 liters must be bigger than that. I rode 6 miles last night and close to 4 this morning on my bike, that should be good for a weekend of beer right? :D

At the gym as I type this. Getting ready for my HF trip tomorrow after work. Then a cookout. Sunday may be painful:)

I take working out very seriously, especially squat and deadlift days. And my diet.

But I just can't stop drinking craft brew. ****.

I'm sorry to hear that.

It sucks but Houston is so spread out its insane. It takes me 30-45 mins to visit the nearest brewery so right now I really do not mind. Though now you can buy beer at the breweries like a pint but no growlers nor special release bottles unless its a brewpub. Why cant those morons in congress make it easier for a guy to get some beer around here.

Well i might go pick up some Love Child #3 after work. 1 or 2?? :ban:

Remmy said:
I take working out very seriously, especially squat and deadlift days. And my diet.

But I just can't stop drinking craft brew. ****.

I lost a bunch of weight. Started getting into lifting and then I got into craft beer and brewing. And I gained a bunch back. So I just do cardio.

It sucks but Houston is so spread out its insane. It takes me 30-45 mins to visit the nearest brewery so right now I really do not mind. Though now you can buy beer at the breweries like a pint but no growlers nor special release bottles unless its a brewpub. Why cant those morons in congress make it easier for a guy to get some beer around here.

2 just saying ;-)

Laws are stupid here too we actually have the opposite problem though in a way. Breweries in the state of Montana operate with a limited use "Tasting" license. So if you visit a Montana Brewery they can only serve you 48 oz in a day on premises.. You can fill up as many growlers or buy as many kegs as you like though and take your party home. :tank:

Was kicking around in Nashville and had brought a couple of nice growlers from home (like $30-40 nice) in case I wanted to pick something up and bring home from one of the breweries. Went in Blackstone, and they said "well, we won't fill your growler up, but you can give us that one and we will trade you for one of ours. :mad:

That just means they're jerks, TN doesn't have any laws about growler labeling.

On the bright side, Blackstone's beer isn't very good. ;)

Motueka/Saaz saison and eating ricotta gnochhi and oyster mushrooms on sauteed kale. It's either sour beer time or nap time.

Let me ask you this Remmy is it possible to get any of these at NEBCO ?

I've almost asked that question every time I've been there - but I haven't. Hmm.

I will definitely ask Rob the next time I am there. I do know, in talking to Rob (the owner/brewmaster), is that NEBCO isn't allowed to sell canned/bottled brews from the brewery unless there is an "abundance," as he told me.

If I can get one of those locally, it's all yours, man.

I took some Home Brews to work and just finished them. This batch was just a 2 gallon weizenbier extract from brew demon but turned out pretty darn good at almost 5% :D they all enjoyed it, even the one who did not like SN kellerweis!

2013-07-12 15.13.32.jpg

TNGabe said:
Motueka/Saaz saison and eating ricotta gnochhi and oyster mushrooms on sauteed kale. It's either sour beer time or nap time.

Why not both? ;)

Back