Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easier for the kids to empty a keg accidentally, without any clean up.

Sorry, I guess that's not completely a positive thing. Less cleanup is good, less beer is bad.

Never mind.

Yeah, friggin last week my brother and his son were over and my brother goes, "hey son, check this out!" And he opened both taps for two seconds. I about had an anxiety attack. I'm getting grumpy right now just thinking about it. What a waste!

It really does make things easy though.

Yeah, friggin last week my brother and his son were over and my brother goes, "hey son, check this out!" And he opened both taps for two seconds. I about had an anxiety attack. I'm getting grumpy right now just thinking about it. What a waste!

It really does make things easy though.

Redirected to "You know you're a homebrewer when..."

I would have flipped my **** too :mug:

How do you guys store bottles in your fridges? I have no space for bottles other then the door and i worry about bottle falling when the door is opened.

Also make it easy to wash hair with beer. Supposed to be good for it, right?

'Body On Tap'. Hey I think there was a shampoo back in the late 70's called that.

Quick question. Are there significant advantages using a temp controlled freezer verses a fridge, and vice versa?

Depends what you are doing with it and how accurate you want your temp to be. For fermentation chamber and lagering you want to hold a steady temp. For dispensing it's not so crucial unless you want it to be. Some factory refrigerator thermostats allow quite a temperature swing 5 - 8 degrees. I had one that allowed 11 degrees probably needed a thermostat replacement.

'Body On Tap'. Hey I think there was a shampoo back in the late 70's called that.

Quick question. Are there significant advantages using a temp controlled freezer verses a fridge, and vice versa?

One could argue that a freezer used at refrigerator temps might not have to work as hard. If so its a small difference.

Biggest difference is, if the freezer is of the chest variety, you got to hump your kegs up over the edge, where in a standup, the lifting and sorting of kegs is easier. Also chest freezers can have moisture problems when used at refrigerator temps. Nothing that cant be overcome.

There is really no difference. In either scenario you're gonna want to use a custom temp controller. Chest freezers have thicker insulation and don't have to cycle as much. Stand ups take up less space. But you can't really use a stand up refrigerator as a makeshift bar top or table.

Chest freezers allow you to make yourself a nice tower like mine.

image.jpg

Chest freezers allow you to make yourself a nice tower like mine.

Seeet!

Great inputs all. I suppose the decision comes down to personal choice more than anyything else. Im still debating but for now leaning towards a frdge kegerator and chest ferm chamber. Its what i had before, but havent made a firm decision yet. One good thing anout not having expendable cash on hand is it gives a fella time, no rush. [emoji3]

Need some help, trying to decide on how to mount a drip tray. The easiest would be to purchase the the 3 hole drip tray, that hangs from the shanks (expensive of course). The cheaper would be the wall mount version, but how to I attached to freezer without damaging freezer coils? Could attached to collar which is 9 inches high, need some suggestions
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1434207705.643260.jpg

Need some help, trying to decide on how to mount a drip tray. The easiest would be to purchase the the 3 hole drip tray, that hangs from the shanks (expensive of course). The cheaper would be the wall mount version, but how to I attached to freezer without damaging freezer coils? Could attached to collar which is 9 inches high, need some suggestions
View attachment 284311

I used a bunch of rare earth magnets from amazon. I got the tray cheap also from there. I over killed it but it holds a full beer without budging

Attachments

• 1434208094452.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 834
  • 1434208121561.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 811
View attachment 284311

I bought these magnets from Amazon. I also ordered some 5/16 #10 button head screws from Ebay. Then of course you need the #10 nuts. Works great and looks good!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYFNXIE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Attachments

• 2015-04-14 18.15.00.jpg
    2015-04-14 18.15.00.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 784
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, after research, keg connections has a 3 hole drip tray, at my price, waiting for them to restock.

View attachment 284311

I have this. Sits on the floor. Works well and affordable. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PZ9O38/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1434585556.089942.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 284993View attachment 284994
Update, getting there, SS perlicks, SS shanks (5 1/8), waiting on CO2 tanks, hoses, kegs, secondary regulator, primary reg, and temp control...damn I'm not close at all!

Yep you'll get there!

You can take painter's tape and put along where you have the liquid nails around the collar and make a perfect bead for presentation. You may have already planned on that but I noticed that you don't have that done yet. I was just going to leave mine and then I got some grief from my brother about it. I did it and it looks perfect now.

You forgot the drip tray ;)

Here is my contribution from a Craigslist score on a cheap chest freezer. My wife hand painted me the painting that is above it right now.

Cheers and thanks for all of the inspiration 👌

Very nice! What recipe did you use for the summer shandy?

6 lbs wheat
4 lbs 2 row
. 6 Oz cluster (60 mins)
Zest of 4 lemons added a little at a time from 15 minutes left in boil on
Wyeast 3068

I jug of Simply Lemonade added after fermentation is complete

Here is my contribution from a Craigslist score on a cheap chest freezer. My wife hand painted me the painting that is above it right now.

Pliny clone? How was it compared to the real thing?

Have never had the real thing so can't say... But one of my favorite brews to date plus friends always bring empty growler over to fill it up so that's a good sign

So how much of the lemon comes through in the taste?

If you have ever had leinenkugel summer shandy it is very close. My friends have chosen mine over the original in a bind taste test

6 lbs wheat
4 lbs 2 row
. 6 Oz cluster (60 mins)
Zest of 4 lemons added a little at a time from 15 minutes left in boil on
Wyeast 3068

I jug of Simply Lemonade added after fermentation is complete

Thanks for this! I need to give this a try. I enjoy the lemon beer :)

I'm finally starting to keg and it sure beats bottling. That's for sure.

The tall freezer in the pictures is the keezer. It's 21 cu feet and soon to have 6-8 faucets and a nitro on the front. I can fit 12 Cornys in there without the 20# tank. The smaller one is 18 cu feet, and is my ferm chamber. I can ferment 24 gallons at a time with room to spare. Both are Frigidaire uprights and I love the easy lifting!

View attachment 1435113768137.jpg

View attachment 1435113787121.jpg

View attachment 1435113805762.jpg

Back