best mini fridge for kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
so im moving from bottles to kegging. i went to home depot to check out there mini fridges. there magic chef mini fridges seem too small (by width from the door) to actually fit a corny keg. with the door even open there is only about 7 1/2" of space. while a corny is 9". just seeing what the best mini fridge out there is for kegging and where i can pick one up. i did find this wine cooler that had plenty of space. the specs said that anything below 55 degrees would hinder performance though. otherwise, its got plenty of room. any advice would be great...

http://www.mcappliance.com/productdetailpage.aspx?ModelName=MCWC45A

From a purely economical approach, small freezer chests seem to be your best bet for cu.ft / dollar, though they require an additional temperature controller. Lowe's has a deep freeze that will hold 4 cornys for $169. Its what I plan on going with when I build my kegerator.

That Sanyo 4912 conversations looks incredible. Definitely something I'd be ok having in the main room of the house and not tucked away in the basement.

I've got two 4912's under the "bar in progress"...I've got everything hooked up in one except for the tap tower...not a lot of work and two kegs fit nicely...no freezer, simply remove the shelves and the bottom basket on the door...there is a nice big drain hole to run your CO2 line...good to go!

i cant find a 4912, i read that it was discontinued. im not going to build towers right now. just looking for a reliable mini fridge that has enough space to hold 1 corny keg + co2. hence i dont mind opening the door to fill my brew for now:mug:

Back