So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saccharomyces Belgian PA for me. Hoping to get some crawfish to boil but that depends on the weather. Couple days this week the high was in the low to mid 50's. Warming up as we get closer to the weekend but should cool down by Sunday which is my planned brew day.

Saccharomyces Belgian PA for me. Hoping to get some crawfish to boil but that depends on the weather. Couple days this week the high was in the low to mid 50's. Warming up as we get closer to the weekend but should cool down by Sunday which is my planned brew day.

I've wondered if I used my brew pot for crawfish if it would ruin it for brewing. Do you use a separate pot?

Brewing my Helles yet again, but this time mashing a little higher and using only Amarillo hops. Still shooting for about 20 IBU, but with first wort hopping and a big late addition.

More Caribou Slob on Sunday but I will be using WLP001 from last Pale Ale instead of Windsor Ale Yeast.

Just chilling 10L of Beetroot wit. 500g of grated Beetroot in the mash, great red colour in the mash that turned orange and then brown during the boil. I'm assured the red will return during the ferment.

God willing and this rain clears up il be brewing a de konink clone finally going to use this wlp 515 yeast.

I am brewing an Azacca Single Hop IPA Saturday... I have my half pound of hops and malt/yeast set to go, but I am debating about wanting to throw in a pound of white wheat into the mash... I don't have any so it would require a trip to the LHBS, so I debate... lol

not this weekend, but i brewed a wookie jack clone, bottled 10 gallons, and started 2 one gallon ciders yesterday. I was flying solo, and wasnt keeping track of my drinking. Im usually pretty good at controlling myself, but 7 hours in the brew room alone, and ya stop caring i guess :D

For the first time in years, i woke up with a hangover.......sippin coffee at my desk now......

WP_20160107_12_59_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20160107_14_34_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20160107_16_17_31_Pro.jpg

I am for sure! Not sure what yet but will be at the LHBS tomorrow and will decide sometime between now and then. I just got a brand new anvil kettle on the mail yesterday and tomorrow my SS brewtech brew bucket mini arrives so all new equipment to break in. I brew 2.5 gallon batches btw. Enough for a case of beer each brew. Also trying out BIAB for the first time!

My Father-in-law is down from Alaska for a visit and he told me he got a beer kit for Christmas. So I asked him if he wanted to see the process first hand...He is excited to say the least, so I'm giving him a tutorial on my system tomorrow and walking him through brewing up an all grain Porter...:mug:

Just finished up brewing a Pale Ale with Mosaic since the one I brewed with Amarillo 3 weeks ago is leaning towards an IPA. It tasted like cat piss smells last week, but is starting to mellow and actually taste good.

I just finished a 10 gallon batch of "Odds and Ends Pale Ale".
12 pounds Maris Otter, 8 pounds Munich II, 5 pounds wheat, Northern Brewer for bittering, Strisselspalt for late additions.

SWMBO demands Blue Moon clone, so I'll be brewing up a batch of BM's Blue Balls Belgian Wit (Blue Moon Clone).

Mashed in a Yooper's oatmeal stout about an hour ago. Knew I was in for trouble immediately as the grain turned to solid dough balls as i was pouring the grain in. Stirred the hell out of it for 10 minutes trying to break up all the dough balls.

After about 10 mins I turned the recirc pump on to get the temp to 156 and i couldn't even pull a quart out before it plugged solid. Made a few attempts to fix but in the end I had to use a 2G bucket to scoop all the grain out of the mash tun into old fermenter buckets. Took the MLT apart, cleaned out the screen, put it back. Thinned the mash with a couple gallons of sparge water. Turned the pump back on and it was just fine. Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

About to transfer to the BK.

Finished the brew day with my father in-law...He really enjoyed himself and is now ready to tackle his steeped grains and DME extract kit he got for Christmas once back in Alaska. He was surprised at the simplicity of all grain brewing and I have a feeling he will continue on form here. It was also rewarding to share a couple of home brews with him during the brew process as well. He said he might have to come back down to see how our concoction turns out.:mug:

Just put Moody's honey brown ale PG in the fermenter for a spell. Should be right at 5.25% and the IBU should end up at 22. Sure smelled good brewing it, although no one else in the house agreed.. This Safale S-04 must be strong! 3 hours in the bucket and almost have a bubble. Now to forget about it for a few weeks..

Oh how I was going to brew. Wanted to make up a dry stout. Did the smart thing and made sure that I had all ingredients beforehand, preventing my "brew what I can with what I've got" method. Friday night went to whip up my starter. Then the problems...

First the jar of slurry had the top popped up. No big deal, offgassing, been there before. Opened the jar above the sink for good measure, and it seemed like a gusher infection. Vigorous enough to stir up the sediment and all that other jazz. Smelled fined but bitter. Go through the fridge and I have an older jar of 1084. Perfect. Making a 48 hour starter. Here we are at 36 hours and nothing. No krausen, no gravity drop, no fermenting smell, nothing.

Putting it off until next week. If this starter doesn't get its act together, I guess I can buy another smack pack. It would be the first time that I lost an entire culture and started new. Give up and use a different yeast, or wait until my current keg kicks and see if I can save it from there.

</rant>

Mashing right now - Simple Simcoe / Mosaic / Citra IPA - I call it Machete 556. My first use of Apollo for bittering at 60.

After my upcoming Powerball win - I will buy a brewery and pay people to brew...while I drink beer and yell at them...we will all be very happy or else...

Mashing right now - Simple Simcoe / Mosaic / Citra IPA - I call it Machete 556. My first use of Apollo for bittering at 60.

After my upcoming Powerball win - I will buy a brewery and pay people to brew...while I drink beer and yell at them...we will all be very happy or else...

I'll take the job!

Possibly an experimental batch of a made up Community Oaked Mosaic clone. Or Imperial Rye with Nelson Sauvin hops.

Well, I will be in the process of brewing at midnight, and Friday starts the weekend, right?

:D

Tonight I am brewing a winter warmer. Brown/dark ale finished with some cacao nibs, a vanilla beam & some bourbon-soaked oak chips. I need to start soon. Heh.

Going to finally christen one of my 5G brew kits! :D Going to do up a batch of Irish Red Ale - Cause ya know what is just around the corner in March don't ya?

My first brew day in my new apartment is going to be on Sunday!
I finally have the space for an entire three-gallon batch, hahaha.

(I'm going with another batch of my IPA, because it is all gone.)

I'll be bottling my first ever brew this weekend, a cream ale from an extract kit. Using the cake to teach my buddy how to brew, he's got himself a grain bag and a recipe for a pale ale he wants to try. If it goes well I'll be switching over to BIAB myself on the next batch. Cheers!

Just bottled my dubbel, half had tamarind added to it. Samples tasted great.

Tomorrow I bottle my IPA saison split batch and brew what I am calling a spring saison (munich with wheat and acid malt, only Amarillo hops, adding golden syrup and apricots Tuo the fermentation).

I'm brewing my very first all-grain batch!

A American Honey Brown Ale with actual Honey. My plan match is all set up, my equipment and ingredients are ready. Can't wait!

I'm reviving some year-old yeast slurry; if the starter is good I'll brew a Belgian Enkel, about 3.7% ABV.

If that yeast is dead or infected, I'll tweak the recipe a little and pitch Windsor yeast to make an ersatz English Mild out of it.

I've ordered a packet of WY-3333 to try brewing some German ales, but that'll be a week or two away.

Brewing A Big Ass Stout on Sun. Made a 5l. starter yesterday with 2 vials of WLP007. We have 22 pounds of grain and 10 pounds of extract going into this one for an 8 gallon batch. After fermentation it is going into a Catskill Distilling Rye Whiskey barrel for 6 months. Cant wait to brew this it will be my first big beer

Brewing my last (for a month or so) simple IPA Sunday in fermenter Clang: Pale 2-row / MO with Simcoe/Cascade this weekend - then changing it up with a couple of batches of lighter styles. My pipeline will be brimming to the rim with IPAs...the plea to family and friends for clean bottles started yesterday.
"No bottles from you...no beer for you!" :tank:

Back