Question for those of you who have the Brewer's Equip RIMS Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... That looks interesting... You may want to email them, but I would guess that you could tap a small screw either into the base of the element or maybe the tube itself...

While I was waiting for mine to get built (pre-ordered it), I asked them about the same thing. They welded a tiny bolt to the piece where the water heater element screws into on mine. I'm not sure if this is the norm or because I asked. In any case I'd suggest a quick email to confirm one way or the other. I've been very happy with it so far and they seem to be very easy to work with.

I also have that keg fermentor thing from them and like it as well. Personally it saves me time and lets me forget about the glass carboys. But I'm getting off topic...

Good luck with whatever you decide.

To those who have bought this...

It appears as though this would be difficult to clean. Any concerns there or is it pretty accessible from the openings? Also, it seems like it would be very difficult to make sanitary welds on the inside of the tube. How do the welds look on the inside of yours?

While I was waiting for mine to get built (pre-ordered it), I asked them about the same thing. They welded a tiny bolt to the piece where the water heater element screws into on mine. I'm not sure if this is the norm or because I asked. In any case I'd suggest a quick email to confirm one way or the other. I've been very happy with it so far and they seem to be very easy to work with.

I also have that keg fermentor thing from them and like it as well. Personally it saves me time and lets me forget about the glass carboys. But I'm getting off topic...

Good luck with whatever you decide.

They told me that most people don't ground them. Surely that was not what they meant to say! He did say that they have also welded on a connection but it is not standard.

Back