Hello from West Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiang

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on here for a spell. What a fantastic site. I have learned so much in such a short time reading through the many posts. I will surely be upgrading my account.

I have many fond memories of dad brewing as a child, so I decided to get into brewing myself. Last night I pulled off my first AG. What an experience. All in all the brew day went fairly smooth. Did an Imperial Pale Ale. I found it very enjoyable and learned a great deal about my equipment, the brewing process and what I need to improve on with the next brew.

Tony :mug:

Jim Karr, no LHBS in Muskegon. I have been going to Siciliano's Market in Grand Rapids. Great little store, very helpfull staff and tons of craft brews. Their 10% off mix and match cases gets me everytime.

RichBrewer, the AG brew went without any major hiccups. It was very interesting to actually experience the process first hand. I found that keeping notes handy, as well as taking some, was a big help. I can't wait to taste the rewards of my first efforts at AG brewing.

Welcome from another Michigander, and congrats on the first AG. Glad to hear it went well. Mine was a couple months ago and I'm enjoying the beers while planning on what to brew next.

I'm formerly from W. Michigan - I grew up in the GR area, lived in Holland in the 90's. The whole Holland-Grand Haven-Muskegon corridor is really growing.

Good luck with your brewing.

Back