Limited Fermenter Space - Can I move beer safely?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My basement is generally at about 65 degrees this time of year, but there i some fluctuation. Probably runs between 62-67 degrees.

I have a couple of batches in the fermentation chamber at 62 degrees. They've been there for 2 weeks. I want to keep them in primary for at least a month.

I'm trying to do several batches over the next few weeks to prepare for a party I'm planning and I have limited space in my fermentation chamber. Since they are about 1/2 way through primary can I move them to the basement without causing any problems? Would I be better off just putting the new beers down there?

Planning on a Zombie Dust Clone and a Brown Ale.

your looking at a max difference of 5f and the fermentation is already done.. your fine

Yes, more than likely the yeast are done doing their thing after the first week. I only control the temp for the first few days of active fermentation then move my fermenter to the 70 degree basement.

Latest posts

Back