Suggestion to newbies...I brewed my first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldWorld

Reaction score
If you followed proper sanitizing procedure you are likely to make a fine beer...I worried a lot. Its no fun. Let it work its magic for 2-3 weeks. Take a hydrometer reading but be cautious of contamination.

I did not use any hydrometer reading or recipe. My beer turned out drinkable. It was not an award winning brew but quite nice for a first timer.

If you cool your beer down quickly and pitch the yeast at proper temp you will be fine.

I suffered temperature control and it turned out. As long as your vessels are clean its going to be beer. It might not be what you want, but it will be drinkable. If not in two weeks give it at least three or four to evolve.

Last and not least...Do not prime more than you need to! I had no idea how much to use so I used a conservative 2.5 ounces of brown sugar. It worked fine. Follow, the recipe, don't follow the recipe...

Be clean and it will be beer. If you fear over carbonation like I did....drink it all ASAP :)

Back