Hello from Oklahoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drinkatjoes

Reaction score
Found this sight two days ago and really like it. Lots of good info. that I have been researching for awhile now. My name is Joe and live Perkins, in north central Oklahoma just eight miles south of my home town of Stillwater, the home of Oklahoma State the home of the OSU COWBOYS. GO POKES! Have been an extract brewer sence the late 70s. Have quit a few times, only to start agin. Started out with the old Blue Ribbon malt syrup found in grocery store. I just threw in a bunch of granulated suger and some bakers yeast and let it go to work. Man that was some bad beer compared to what I make now! Now gitting equipment to do all grain after years of mini and partial mash. Just did three extract brews, the last was bottled three days ago. Have not done a batch after a two year layoff because of not having any room in house or garage. Daugters family stayed with us between moves and their stuff took up all the space, besides older grandson wanted to play with the airlock. Found it on floor once or twice and airlock was a place to put things, so brewing was put on hold and when it got time to start agin I got refreshed with the three extract brews and am now ready to get into all grain. I am really getting pumped to get started, as soon as I get my equip. ready and deside on a recipe. Got to go check on a pork roast in smoker. Beer and bbq baby, my favorite hobbies. Yes a smoked beer is in my plans.

Found this sight two days ago and really like it. Lots of good info. that I have been researching for awhile now. My name is Joe and live Perkins, in north central Oklahoma just eight miles south of my home town of Stillwater, the home of Oklahoma State the home of the OSU COWBOYS. GO POKES! Have been an extract brewer sence the late 70s. Have quit a few times, only to start agin. Started out with the old Blue Ribbon malt syrup found in grocery store. I just threw in a bunch of granulated suger and some bakers yeast and let it go to work. Man that was some bad beer compared to what I make now! Now gitting equipment to do all grain after years of mini and partial mash. Just did three extract brews, the last was bottled three days ago. Have not done a batch after a two year layoff because of not having any room in house or garage. Daugters family stayed with us between moves and their stuff took up all the space, besides older grandson wanted to play with the airlock. Found it on floor once or twice and airlock was a place to put things, so brewing was put on hold and when it got time to start agin I got refreshed with the three extract brews and am now ready to get into all grain. I am really getting pumped to get started, as soon as I get my equip. ready and decide on a recipe. Got to go check on a pork roast in smoker. Beer and bbq baby, my favorite hobbies. Yes a smoked beer is in my plans.

I forgot to preview my post and was down loading support for my web cam that dosent want to work right now. Didnt get so see my two grandsons in Baltimore last night.

welcome to the site.. always good to have another pretty local home brewer. we have a little group here. check the sig and join. what are you looking for as far as equipment? if your looking for a keggle put a ad on cl asking for old empty kegs. youll get some hits. is there a home brew store over there in stillwater? if not check out both highgravity at 71st and memorial and mecca coffee on peoria.

Back