my new "starter kit" tell me if you think I got a good deal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802VermontHomebrew

Reaction score
Well I was about ready to order my kit from midwest supplies and along comes this local brewer that responded to my craigslist add... (I made one, requesting any brewing supplies) He emailed me and said "hey I have everything you need and then some!" Long story short I am getting kegs, party pig, 2 glass carboys, brewing books, a book of his recipies (long list) bottles, bottle capper, wort chiller, co2 tank, hoses, siphon, etc. etc... he said he has 275.00 invested in just the kegs I am getting it ALL for 175.00 cash! AHHHH I AM SOOOO EXCITED! Picking it all up tomorrow SOOOOO PUMPED!

Take a look at the pictures and tell me if you think I got a good deal (I get everything you see on the table):

That is a horrible deal. Do not buy that stuff. $175 is a ripoff. You should give me the guys number. I know where he can dispose of all that junk for free :D

I will have to ask him about the kettle. What do you think this lot of brewing stuff is worth? now, and originally when he bought it.

4 corney kegs + CO2 tank + regulator (assuming all work/hold pressure) easily worth the 175 you paid, probably worth $200+

A couple glass carboys = $50+

25' wort chiller = $40+

Bottling bucket + bottles + capper = $30+

Misc other stuff (scale, hydrometer, etc) = $15+

The books are very nice bonus.

You got a bargain. Now make some beer!

4 corney kegs + CO2 tank + regulator (assuming all work/hold pressure) easily worth the 175 you paid, probably worth $200+

A couple glass carboys = $50+

25' wort chiller = $40+

Bottling bucket + bottles + capper = $30+

Misc other stuff (scale, hydrometer, etc) = $15+

The books are very nice bonus.

You got a bargain. Now make some beer!

haha this is great news! Cant make beer yet, I pick it up tomorrow... I am going to have to pick up some ingredients too! :) I will post more pics when I set everything up and start the brewing process.

I dunno. That wort chiller looks a bit suspect.

In all seriousness, that's a nice collection. I'd give you $200 for it.

I would throw every piece of soft plastic away. That stuff all needs a good cleaning, and you'll be better off starting over on tubing. Definitely a good score by any means, though.

IhateUrFace_blk375.jpg

I wish more brewers down here would quit so I could get some good things, hell I wish we had more brewers here.

I dunno. That wort chiller looks a bit suspect.

In all seriousness, that's a nice collection. I'd give you $200 for it.

Well you were correct about the wort chiller there was a small crack towards the bottom and a couple spots of corosion.. So he gave me 15.00 back, and left me with the clear hoses and clamps... But I think I will be replacing all the clear hoses with new ones and just start fresh, and put the 15.00 towards some sanitizing solution and and new wort chiller. Its all there though including more then what was just in the pictures (thermometers, mixing spoon, personal recipies, spare keg fittings, storage bottle bins, etc..) He even grew his own hops and he said whenever I am in his area I can stop by and he will hook me up with some... They weren't ready to pick yet but they were starting the process. He said one was a cascade hops and I forget the other kind. He said the roots and hops make your batch extra nice... Stand up guy, and I am very happy with my purchase so far! Friday I will be in my new house and the brewing will begin that weekend!

He had no idea the condition of the chiller because it was all sitting for so long, so the first thing I am going to do is go through everything CLEAN IT VERY WELL, and see how things go from there!

Latest posts

Back