Haier Mini-Fridge to Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyQuil

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to this forum and eventually want to get into micro brewing but right now I just want to build a kegerator.

I have a Haier 2.7 (or 3.2, I will look for the box or users manual tomorrow) cubic foot mini fridge which should be big enough to store a quarter barrel keg and CO2 tank. I am looking for a conversion kit (and havent had a lot of success finding kits for mini fridges) and the issue is there is a small freezer on top which would get in the way of mounting the tap on the top of the fridge.

Has anyone ever experienced this while building a kegerator? If so, what did you do?

Tim

yeah, we go get a fridge that makes a kegerator better. Minimum of 4.3 for 2 cornies and if it has a freezer section in the top, go find another fridge.

Most homebrewers keg their beers in cornelius kegs. These are the old soda kegs used by coke and pepsi to distribute their product.

You will likely want a fridge that fits two of these, and usually a freezer is a no-go.

The Sanyo 4912 is a popular model for conversion. Search this site for Sanyo, or check out the wiki for step by step conversion instructions.

Back