Wiring up Freezer with LOVE bypassing Thermostat Only

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just like the title says.
Here's the link from the thread it started in. DOn't wanna hijack anymore

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/need-help-wiring-love-controller-78627/

So any suggestions from where that left off? The rest of my kegging equipment will be arriving tomorrow and I'd love to start the build but want the temp control done first. I really want to just swap in the LOVE controller without disabling the existing Freezer power

Big Thanks To Virtuous. He talked me through this over the phone and got me up and going. Going to clean it up tomorrow and I'll post wiring diagram in case anyone else is using the same freezer.

I'm interested too. I want to control the compressor cycle by just replacing the thermostat in the freezer. I unmounted the control knob from inside the freezer. I'll post pics later tonight.

I think I need to play with my programming. I plugged it in this morning before work, cause it's a new toy, and dropped the probe over the side and lightly closed the lid. Love sstarted with a reading of 85 then quickly dropped to 58-55-54. When I saw it was on 54, the compressor has shut off. But I had it set to 65 with a difference of 2 degrees! Should have never gotten below 63. Going to play with it some more tonight when i'm not already running late for work.

It was that minimum on time setting. It isnt going to take long to cool all the air in there to the setpoint. Once you put something in there with some mass that will change.

So it basically just cooled to fast for the controller to regulate it since there was no mass to cool? That puts my mind at ease. I'm gonna put a keg of water in it to test. I got a temp probe on my Fluke meter I'll to check the temp inside the keg and on the LOVE display then I can use the offset feature if needed. Thanks again Virtuous

One question about probe placement. HTe stock probe went through a hole in the side of the fridge that led to under the hump. I've always seen the probes inside the fridge but don't an reason why this wouldn;t work for the new probe. Any objections or reason this probe wouldn't work here as well. It's save building a collar/drilling through fridge untill I start building the tap box on top.

NECROMANCER!!!!

Any update on the wire diagram? Looking to wire mine up today and would rather bypass the thermo so I can use the light wiring to power a fan...

Back