Cleaning gas lines and manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfrost12

Reaction score
I know I just posted a new thread in this section, but I think this is another valid question I couldn't find answered.
I had put all my kegging equipment aside for the summer since I wasn't using it. I guess it was subjected to just a little too much moisture and not enough air and there looks to be little amounts of junk in my co2 lines, its not mildew, but could potentially be some type of mold or something, I am not sure.

I want to know how, or what I should do to clean the gas lines, the 4 way manifold that I'm almost positive have check valves, and potentially the regulator which may also be contaminated or subjected to something I don't want in my beer. I generally cleaned all my beer lines using star san then blc pushed through them with a turkey baster. But with gas, I dont want to damage the regulator or the check valves.
thanks

I would just replace the lines. Get a nipple brush and clean out the manifold, then sanitize.

Yeah replace the lines, take apart the manifold and clean and sanitize. Not sure about the regulator.

Okay I tried to unscrew the tubing from the manifold, but its fairly stubborn after an hour and only getting one of the four off. Does anyone have a good way of removing ear clamps, so I dont have to buy new shutoff valves. I figured a way to clean them would be easier and less costly.

Can I damage the regulator and gauges if they are exposed to either a cip or something like starsan?

Back