What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409270773.515735.jpg
First sample of Hibiscus Saison with brett.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

But the pic was taken on the floor. That's false advertising. :D

Haha, his wit was lost on me, it all makes sense now... but in my defense, that was where the most natural light was that wasn't covered in dog-nose prints! Otherwise I would have taken it by a window.

Going pro like a marthafloccer.

I haven't chimed in yet, but I've been reading about this the last several weeks (recent BA WBAYDN transplant, but somewhat active HBT :) ). Congratulations Qhrumphf! That is firkin awesome, go live your floccing dream, I know I'm jealous!

And you'll be carrying a spray bottle full of sanitizer 24-7.

Dang, hope everything is alright now. I understand about the dog situation. My friends dog about attacked me when i put it on haha.

Having a small, slightly warm pour of red fuzz and holy hell is it good! What exactly is this again Bill? Great choice btw, cant wait till its chilled all the way and i can demolish it.
View attachment 220547

"Raspberry & Sorrel Saison. Brewed with wheat and fresh sumac harvested from our family farm in New Paultz, NY. Hopped with Cascade. Fermented atop fresh red raspberries."

It was definitely worth going back and getting a refill. Glad you like it!

And what did you think of that AllenH bomb proof box?

Yessir. I'll be touring with them once all the gear arrives next month, but there's still construction work that needs to be done, so it'll be a while, and he (understandably) doesn't want to pay me to sit around and do nothing in the mean time. So probably a few more paid pilot brew days between now and then.

Thanks for keeping the faith :rockin:

I figure when this becomes final I'll have to pull the big guns out of the cellar. I've got a couple year old bottle of Girardin I've been saving for a special occasion, in addition to a few bottles of Westy 12.

In the mean time, these bad boys are good enough (of course, now that I've cracked something from De Dolle you know Gabe is gonna rear his ugly ass head) :mug:

Congrats man! Best of luck to you!

Having run offs of the gose. Yum..

And you'll be carrying a spray bottle full of sanitizer 24-7.

Don't know. The head brewer's preferences are caustic for cleaning and peracetic for sanitizing. Nasty, nasty stuff those are. Don't know if I'd want a spray bottle of them on me. His words "I'd never recommend peracetic to any homebrewer". Apparently burns the skin worse than caustic does.

Don't know. The head brewer's preferences are caustic for cleaning and peracetic for sanitizing. Nasty, nasty stuff those are. Don't know if I'd want a spray bottle of them on me. His words "I'd never recommend peracetic to any homebrewer". Apparently burns the skin worse than caustic does.

Yup, industry standard and not too cheap either. Although if they are getting a steam fired system the steam can be used for sanitizing (what we will be doing).

Drinking homer beer tonight
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409273152.343951.jpg

"Raspberry & Sorrel Saison. Brewed with wheat and fresh sumac harvested from our family farm in New Paultz, NY. Hopped with Cascade. Fermented atop fresh red raspberries."

It was definitely worth going back and getting a refill. Glad you like it!

And what did you think of that AllenH bomb proof box?

Thats quite the combination but damn is it good. Haha yeah that box is awesome. I literally heard the fedex guy drop it on my porch and was worried until i opened it. Very indestructible.

Onto the hop tart which is amazing too! I have quite the lineup for the weekend cuz i dont think I'm taking this growler to the home brew club meeting tomorrow. Thanks again Mark, what a great beer!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409273446.260182.jpg

You have.

Edit: rather, it's had you.

Nah. No beer today for me. On that diet, as some of you call it.

Me! A couple of months ago, i loved it... but it was the first Brett IPA i've had....

What'd you think? This bottle somehow found it's way into my cellar at some point in the past and I just found it this evening.

Had this one earlier to get through an HOA meeting,
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409274689.684733.jpg
Not an Enjoy By level beer, but another solid Stone IPA (that is not a collaboration. Coincidence? I think not.

Now this,
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409274764.151822.jpg
Only three weeks old, but no aroma to speak of. Good beer, but I was definitely expecting more.

Back