Hop Arbor DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turfguy1969

Reaction score
Made this over the past two weekends. it's 8 high by 8 wide by 4 deep. About 125$ for everything. I told the SWMBO she could put some roses or another flower vine on the other post. I've got three hops plants growing. It' s pressure treated so in the spirit of beer this baby was wee heavy to put up!!

Hop Arbor 01.jpg

Looks good. The hops should hit the top & head for the other side. They don't get too large in diameter, so they won't tend to pry the lattice apart.

isn't there any danger in using pressure treated wood with something your going to use directly in your beer?

Arsenic ale anyone? :cross:

Looks great though!

drouillp said:
isn't there any danger in using pressure treated wood with something your going to use directly in your beer?

Arsenic ale anyone? :cross:

Looks great though!

IIRC, they don't use arsenic in PT wood anymore. Now, I'm sure they replaced it with something equally hardcore, but I personally wouldn't worry about it one bit (especially once the PT dries out; if it were still wet, I might think twice).

Back