New from Ann Arbor, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retroviridae

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a beginning/intermediate brewer with only a few partial mash brews under my belt. But I feel like I know what I'm doing thanks to lurking on HBT and learning from everyone else's experiences. (It also helps that I'm a microbiologist, so I'm accustomed to culturing E. coli and S. cerevisiae in the lab).

Thanks to all the folks I've learned from so far. Now that I've joined, I'm looking forward to joining in the conversation!

Hello everyone!

I'm a beginning/intermediate brewer with only a few partial mash brews under my belt. But I feel like I know what I'm doing thanks to lurking on HBT and learning from everyone else's experiences. (It also helps that I'm a microbiologist, so I'm accustomed to culturing E. coli and S. cerevisiae in the lab).

Thanks to all the folks I've learned from so far. Now that I've joined, I'm looking forward to joining in the conversation!

Welcome aboard retro! Am I correct in assuming a retroviridae is some kind of replicating virus? Lets hope the only thing you have replicating is yeast cells!:mug:

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, retroviridae is the virus family that includes HIV - indeed, I don't want any of that replicating in or near me!

Thanks for the welcome, Michiganders!

I am originally from California (lots of good West coast beers), and Texas (Bud, Bud Lite, more Bud... and Shiner Bock if you're lucky - and you have to drive to next county to get it). Having lived in both extremes, I really appreciate Michigan's (and the Midwest's) abundance of good locally brewed beers.

Caveat: To be fair to Texas, I lived in a dry county at the time. It's no longer a dry county, and more local breweries are sprouting up especially in the hill country and bigger cities.

Back