Thoughts on this RIMS setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvInSTL

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a Brutus 10, and I was interested in using this concept as part of my brewing. The goal would be to either mount it on the stand or using a wrap around bracket onto the mash tun.

I would also like to use it to bring my strike water up to temp and once I dough in to perform step mashes. 1-1.7deg/min is just fine for me.

I'm interested in anyones thoughts both good and bad.

Thanks!

http://rims-brewing.tripod.com/rims_brewing_rims_unit.htm

If you're building a B10 anyway, I think the direct-fired + recirculation mechanism is an easier way to accomplish the same goal.

HarvInSTL said:
I'm in the process of building a Brutus 10, and I was interested in using this concept

Are you interested in the computerized part of this concept or the RIMS part of it?

I like the electric. It would mean that you could brew inside the house with out blowing yourself to kingdom come if something goes wrong. I think that you could integrate electric into brutus. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back