Need Help connecting a 4-wire RTD sensor to my Auber controller SYL-2352

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

standslanted

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I would wire/connect my RTD temperature sensor that has 4 wires (black, red, brown, orange) to my Auber SYL-2352 controller? I purchased a RIMs Tube from Brewershardware and upgraded the probe to the BCS-460 temperature probe.

Thanks.

A BCS-460 probe would be a K type thermistor, how do you get from that to RTD/Auber? Confused!

I have no idea if the BCS-460 controller probe is compatable with the SYL-2352. I believe there is a difference between their probe and the RTD probe offered by Auber Instruments.

They are not compatable. Contact the seller and ask if you can return the probe, and switch it for the one that's for the Auber PID.

good luck!

(_)3

Just checked out brewers hardware and they don't offer the correct RTD for your Auber PID.
Maybe you should have purchased the option for the thermowell with the 1/4" fpt fitting, and then from Auber
you 'll need one of these.

See if you can work something out with the folks at brewers hardware.

once again....good luck!

(_)3

As you can see I'm learning as I go. Derrin @ BreweresHardware also sales temp sensors for the Love's TS controller. Wouldn't those sensors be compatible to the Auber controller?

As you can see I'm learning as I go. Derrin @ BreweresHardware also sales temp sensors for the Love's TS controller. Wouldn't those sensors be compatible to the Auber controller?
I have no idea. Question for you. Would it be worth the risk to toss your money away to find out? Why not just get the proper probe that is known to work and is compatable with the Auber PID? Auberins has both Type K and RTD probes available. They are good products and either works very well with the SYL-2352 PID. I understand that you will have to replace the probe fitting on the RIMS. Perhaps you can work out an exchange for the proper one?

Back