Not bubbling that much yet...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeretheBrews

Reaction score
OK. Day two. Started bubbling the next morning after brew. It was downstairs and the temp was around 64-68... I moved it upstairs today where it is about 70. I tried not to shake it. It really isn't bubbling all that much. It's pattern is like this...

1.1.1 stop stop... 1.1.1

It bubbles in like 3 bubble birsts...

Am I just to im-patient or could something possibly be wrong?

happens like that sometimes. don't try to understand. just have a beer and sit back and watch it. or don't watch it if it makes you nervous. :mug:

Let it go until it is down to one bubble per minute. With a slow ferment, racking based on time would be a mistake.

Wait till Tuesday and then rack it. It will be safe in the fermenter until then.

- magno

My primary stopped bubbling about a week ago. I let it sit for another week to allow anything remaining to ferment. Sometimes things just ferment too slowly to cause big bubbles. Like a fart, sometimes they're silent.

Plus, giving it another week means more trub will settle before I rack to secondary. Of course, since I've been too lazy to elevate the primary, it'll all get kicked back up when I rack to secondary. I bought a stand that I think will work, but I've been too lazy to put it together.

NO, But there isn't any bubbling like at all... coming from the airlock. It only bubbled for liek 2 days. I did everthing how I was supposed to, and everything was sanitized.

i'm willing to bet that it's OK...
some brews are quicker than others. rack on tuesday as originally planned.
and try not to worry so much. that ****'ll kill you.
:mug:

OK Man! I hope ti turns out. Im gonne be bummed though if I have to go to Mississippi to work though. They pay 500 just to go down there... 200 a week to eat on but they give you 6 dollar meals on the base, and put u up in military barricks. You get 1 dollar more an hour, and work 10 hours a day 6-7 days a week. I should pocket around 900 a week... As a laborer for a brick mason. If I can do it I will.

Back