Beers of the caribbean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
So, we got back from our honeymoon this week, and we decided to try a local brew at each island our cruise stopped at.. here is a look

5436-HoneyMoon056.jpg

Blackbeards ale: St. Thomas (brewed in MN, St. Thomas doesn't have a local brew)

5436-HoneyMoon085.jpg

Kabuli: Dominica

5436-HoneyMoon137.jpg

Banks: Barbados

Hey man, I lived in St Thomas for about a year, I knew the owner of VIBC, he was best friends of my boss, Di you happen to try Virgin Islands Pale ale while you were there, Its a great beer, i liked it better then blackbeards! hope you had a lot of fun!

Congrats! Ya'll make a cute couple. Nice beers. I had my honeymoon in the Bahamas, oh about 23 years ago. We were at a all included resort that served Kalik beer. The locals called them Foot Swellers, cause when you drank a bunch your foot is supposed to swell up so you can't drive. :D

My wife and I were in St. Lucia last year (July '06) for our honeymoon. I had quite a few Piton's while I was there. Great lager! We'd like to go on a cruise and see some more of the Caribbean (and drink more Caribbean beer).

Congrats on the wedding!!!

what? no kalik? if you are in Caribbean you will come across kalik at some point. brewed in nassau - which isn't on the tour map - but a nice brewery tour nonetheless. co owned by heineken

I had a few Kaliks on my honeymoon a few years ago in Nassau. Sadly, those were the days before I knew what good beer was. I guess I'll have to go back and try it again:rockin: .

If you ever go back, defintely go with the all-inclusive package. All you can eat and drink, for free. It's awesome.

:mug:

I didn't see a single beer in these posts. All I noticed was that hottie on your arm in that last pic. Congrats on your new marriage, and all the best!

Congratulations! Did you try Cavalier or English Harbour Rum while in Antigua? Some amazing stuff.

Did you get any EL PRESEDENTE while you where there?

I did a tour of the Dominican Republic once and that stuff is like water but we drank it literally all night long every night.... :D

Funny you should mention this - my work buddy is headign to Barbado's for his 35th time and we were talking beer.

Where do they get the barley abd hops anyway.

I've been to St John and buying huge bottles of rum for $7 turned my head. Brought 12 bottles back (the good old days).

Did you get any EL PRESEDENTE while you where there?

I did a tour of the Dominican Republic once and that stuff is like water but we drank it literally all night long every night.... :D

I did not try any El Presedente while I was there. Our resort only had a few options for beer. Thank god Piton is sooooooo good. I put some work on the cocktails too. Its amazing what you do when everything is free!

We were in Belize last week, and I got to try some Belikin Stout. Pretty tasty stout. They also have a few others in their lineup, but I didn't get to sample those.

Cool stuff!
My wife and I just got back from a caribbean cruise in Dec. and I had Banks in Barbados, Wadadli in Antigua, Piton in St.Lucia, Heineken in St-Maarten, Medalla in Puerto Rico, I didn't have beer in St-Thomas though for whatever reason. My personal favourite was banks. Then again, Barbados was also my favourite island. Seconds favourite would be Piton, great beer also and we had an AMAZING tour (COSOL tours)

Oh and I know Heineken isn't native to St-Maarten but it is a Dutch island (at least half of it is) and Heineken was EVERYWHERE!
$1 A BEER TOO!

I also spent a week in St. Thomas for my honeymoon. The Blackbeard Ale was awesome, and I also liked the Pale. I liked it so much I bought a shirt. I also drank a lot of Red Stripe (Jamacan) beer while I was there.

Dan

Back