What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallons of Dry Stout in fermenter
5 gallons of Christmas Ale in fermenter
5 gallons of Chocolate Caramel Porter in fermenter
5 gallons of Blonde Ale

Right now I have 3 gallons of cherry apple cider going.

Satursay I am going to add

5 gallons strawberry wheat
5 gallons apa
3 gallons apple ale

5 gals lambic-ish ale brewed with honey malt
5 gals Flanders red
3 gals Belgian dark strong
4 gals Oud Bruin
1 gal of Oud Bruin on 3lbs of raspberries (this one is going to be awesome)

2gal blackberry wine
2 gal blueberry wine/melomel
1 gal black cherry melomel
2 gal mead
3 gal bluberry pyment
Yep there still sitting there... I may bottle it all around christmas but I may age the blueberry pyment into my keg on some frozen wild bluberries further maybe.

Bottled my various wine/mead batches today. I'm left with 5 gallons of Dusseldorf Altbier, ~5 gallons of Lamebic, and then 5 gallons of my club's "big brew", that was a full bourbon barrel of oatmeal stout. We picked up an infection somewhere, probably from the barrel itself. So some folks kegged their share and are drinking it quickly. Since it's getting a tasty lactic character (and not vile bandaid or vomit or anything else like that), a few of us are going to let it go sour properly. In a day or two I'll go ahead and step it up with some DME, maltodextrin, dregs from a bottle of Hanssen's Oude Gueuze, and then I've got packs of both Wyest Lambic Blend and Roeselare Blend that I'll toss in there.

I'm hoping that this turns out well. Especially with how much work and planning went into getting that barrel full, I don't want to have to dump this stuff.

Just racked my Imoerial Pilsner to a corny to start lagering, 10gal Rye Mild bubbling away enthusiastically, and 10gal of XPA in progress (2gal going THA separate ferment with Brett C).

3 gallons of Nelson Mandela BIIPA

ForumRunner_20131217_142729.jpg

Another 2.5 gallons of cider while I plan out a 2 gallon SMASH with 2-row and one of the several NZ hops I have on hand. Then back to some 5 gallon batches again.

A helles - my first ever lager. Pitched a huge starter of WLP838. Musta' done something right because this stuff was crystal clear going from the kettle to the fermenter.

I only have beer aging at the moment....(I just had knee and shoulder surgery)so, I have a Barleywine which can debatably go into bottles now or by end of year..... it has been in secondary about 4 months now, and primary 6 weeks. Now after that I would bottle condition another 4-6 months making it a bit over a year old. the only others are a lambic and Flanders Red which are 18 months in ay and June of 2014. Finally and I should pull this from secondary today is a German Lager. All are 5.5 gallon batches.

My lager is sitting at a perfect 49 degrees and has krausen less than 24 hours after pitching. I'm excited for this one!

5 gallons of Belgian dark strong
5 gallons of sour brown
3 gallons of Berliner weisse

Sent from my XT1034 using Home Brew mobile app

Back