Input on a new Cooler MLT manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinBigD

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon rubbermaid round cooler MLT and have been using a Straight 18" SST braid on the outlet, now that my systems going to recirculate thru the herms i want to ensure i have a good amout of wort available for the pump to pull. whats have any of you done for a manifold in a round cooler?

Hey BrewinBigD, I use a slotted copper manifold that I made - works awsome, never had a stuck mash. I have gotten to the point now that before I sparge I pump my wort out full bore and it sucks it out in less than a minute. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.
Anyways - here's a link to one of my older threads - there's a photo of mine. I have a few extras that I made if you're interested in buying one. I made them with all the extra copper I had from buying a whole roll.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/copper-manifold-308790/

Hey BrewinBigD, I use a slotted copper manifold that I made - works awsome, never had a stuck mash. I have gotten to the point now that before I sparge I pump my wort out full bore and it sucks it out in less than a minute. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.
Anyways - here's a link to one of my older threads - there's a photo of mine. I have a few extras that I made if you're interested in buying one. I made them with all the extra copper I had from buying a whole roll.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/copper-manifold-308790/

wow love how you lined your 10 gallon cooler with Stainless!! where did you find a pot that tall? im actually gonna head to lowes tonight and pick up a few feet and make one!

I was trying to fab one out of that corugated stainless lp gas line but the stuff was so unmanageable, it bent easy but would not lay flat. copper was my original plan but i wanted to try the SS flex pipe first

So i definately made a decent manifold out of 5/8 copper, and so far have drilled some 1/8holes along the bottom circumference. I plan on slotting the manifold as well. Did you cut your slots halfway through the pipe or just on the bottom? Iplan on using this with a HERMS and dont wanna run into a clog during my recirculation. Which reminds me i have to figure out the volume of my plumbing and herms coil so i can add that volume to my strike water... i think!!

Back