Rogue Santa's Private Reserve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huknbuk

Reaction score
THis past Friday I scored a six pack for $4.24. A Shopko Express near me was having a clearance on all of their holiday brews. I found this to be delicious. I don't know if it was as good as I thought it was or if I was enjoying it more because I got good beer at Busch Light prices, but it was good.

I too tried a sixer of this and while it was a great beer, i felt they could have went a little stronger on the spices for me it tasted more like a regular rogue than a specialty seasonal. when i drink a "holiday brew" i expect to be bombarded with high alcohol content and deep, rich flavors with a rush of spices much like great lake's christmas ale which is my favorite holiday brew to date

Rogue often puts cases of Santa's on sale for $20-25 dollars at their garage sales post-Christmas. Most of my homebrew bottles come from Santas. It's a really tasty brew that shows noticeable improvement with 6 months of aging.

I really don't think that Rogue adds spices to Santa's Private Reserve. It is hopped heavier then their other beers though. I picked up a couple cases of it at the garage sale last year. $13 a case.

Back