co2 bottles and fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w1dow

Reaction score
about to try another brew and plan to use co2 to carb it. I have a spare 220g cylinder which i use as a spare for my marine fish tank, it has food grade co2 in the bottle.

Problem is the type of fitting? how can i adapt it for a s30 fitting?

I was going to buy an s30 type valve cap for my pressure barrel but now i'm unsure as it looks to me like this won't fit on to it?

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were.

I would bring both parts to a local hardware store and ask them. In my experience, the guys at the local stores (not the big guys like Lowe's and Home Depot) are pretty good at working something out. At the very least, they will tell you quickly if it can NOT be done so you don't waste a lot if time.

don't have any of those stores here lol i'm in the UK.

Ok so my regulator that fits onto the cylinder is a CGA320, will do some more googling and see if i can find any info.

seems this is an industry standard fitting , as i thought but still no joy for a cap for my pressure barrel with the right fitment

Back