Punctured froen line in mini fridge! Can i recharge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandobud16

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wa clearing the ice from my mini fridge today and accidentally punctured the plastic freon line and let out all of the gas... I repaired the hole, but I there a way to refill these guys?? Thanks!

It cannot be refilled easily. If you had a set of refrigerant gauges and the tools it wouldn't be a big deal, but it will cost more just to have someone come out there to perform the service than a used mini fridge costs. There is no telling if your repair will actually hold either.

As above, most service companies charge more than a used fridge costs. They can be repaired and recharged, sometimes not worth it.

Nope, these are factory charged. The parts & labor & freon will exceed the cost of a replacement mini-fridge unless you know someone on the business who will work for beer.

To charge your mini-fridge the AC tech has to add high & low side ports, pull a hard vacuum then recharge. And this is all assuming your repair was done correctly.

If anyone plans on buying a *********, I can recommend this website. Read everything about the appliance before making a purchase.

Back