Possibly overcarb'd keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
I brewed a very mild American Blonde ale and got it into the keg. Set it to about 30 lbs of pressure and left it for close to two weeks.....when I went to pour a glass I'm getting nothing but foam......and I mean NOTHING but foam.

I can only assume that its over carbed at this point, so I pulled it out of the fridge, got it off the gas and purged it, figured I'd keep purging it down overnight and then put it back on the gas at 10 lbs and chill it down.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

2 weeks at 30 is WAY to high
was this 2 weeks at 30 connected to gas and in the fridge? most try and speed carb by setting to 30 shaking the s%^ out of it and leaving for couple days at most before dialing back to 10-12 serving pressure. co2 is absorbed faster in the cold.

just purge and testing each day till your good.
next time set to 12 and leave it for the 2 weeks and you should be good, after 1 more week of conditioning your brew should hit its prime
or you can prime with sugar to get your desired carb level. saves co2 and takes same amount of time if your patient

Back