need a Gluten free recipe-please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorri12

Reaction score
Hi to all, I am starting out and hoping to brew within the next couple of weeks. My problem is that I am gluten free and am not such a fan of sorghum.
I am a huge fan of reds, and something like a Guinness. does anyone have a recipe that I can convert to gluten free, or a gluten free recipe.

I am really excited to get started, my wife bought me a mr brew kit for my b-day(best wife ever!). I figure for the first couple of brews until I figure it out I'll use that, then get a bit more serious.

Thank you all for your help, I am looking forward to a wonderful brewing experience!

My wife was recently diagnosed with celiac. She can't eat gluten.

I use clarity ferm made by White Labs. It drops the gluten right out of the beer. You can get a 5 pack for about $10 and you just add 1 vial of it at the same time as you pitch your yeast.

My wife has been happily drinking my beer for months now.

Clarity-ferm is sold as a clarifier as there is not enough actual proof that it gets rid of gluten. It also probably doesn't completely get rid of gluten but gets it to a level that is so low even someone with celiac is OK with it (5-10ppm). Rumor has it there are a couple of European breweries using it already to produce very low gluten beers.

Thank you, it is very interesting thing. I have never heard of this. If your wife needs any help, or has questions, I am going on 7 years and would be happy to help.

Back