Kegged my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightrider069

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I kegged by beer last Wednesday and I can't wait to give it a try. It was the first beer that I brewed also so there is a lot of factors there. I can't wait to get home from fl and crack it open. Wow first brew and first kegged beer I can't wait.

i will be there soon! bought the kegerator before i started home brewing and bought two pin locks. brewing this weekend for first time!

Welcome to HBT. Please make sure to report back on how it tastes, what you like, don't like, what you plan to do to make it better. We can all make it better even when we (and all our friends/family) think we nailed. it.

Jumped in with both feet! Nice, ive been brewin for awhile now and have yet to keg. Good job and welcome aboard.

Well I didn't want to bottle it because it is a chore. And takes too long. With a keg I can enjoy the beer a week or so after kegging so why not. This is what am using and to the right there is an ipa in the fermentor.

image-1625928400.jpg

Well, after ~30 brews, I finally kegged my first today, a Porter

While racking from a fermentation bucket with what I thought was approx 5.5 gals, I noticed Porter flowing over my corney and all over my garage floor. OK, got that stopped... had to siphon some back into the bucket and ended up with a full galon left in the bucket. Rather than sanitize a handfull of bottles, I sanitized another keg and let'er rip

The last major component to my kegging rig is a fridge. Got to get that going or I will not be enjoying that Porter anytime soon

Congrats and have fun
Toy4Rick

Latest posts

Back