Best music to brew to?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiver finger death punch, static-x, mudvayne, slipknot, I'm all over the board really.

Personally, i love listening to Podcasts from the Brewing Network. When I'm doing a weekend brew day, I usually listen to their Sunday Sessions. During the week, on a Snow Day-Brew Day (I'm a teacher in the northeast), I like the Jamil Show to listen to how to brew correct-to-style.

I've fire up Last.FM on the TV and played the Ray LaMontagne channel the last 2 brew days. I like to keep it mellow

Either Tom Petty, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, or Jay-Z radio on Pandora. Yea, I am all over the board.

I made a short beer playlist. So far I've got:
Beer - reel big fish
**** you I'm drunk - flogging Molly
John barleycorn - traffic
Beer for breakfast - the replacements
Four lokos - on the bn
Tubthumping - chumbawumba
Whiskey in the jar - metallica
Drunken lullabies - flogging Molly
Whiskey in my whiskey - felice brothers

The rest is filled in with some excellent Irish drinking songs and more flogging Molly.

I like to listen to the music of my youth... even though they're both still popular bands now... Foo Fighters and The Offspring.

YES! GDRadio or RadioIO Dead or Grateful Day. Streaming GD all the time!

Buttons_Grateful_Dead_-_Classic_Steal_Your_Face_Button.jpg

My mood varies. But usually I listen to Wicked Tinkers or Crow Quill Night Owls. Today I started with Wicked Tinkers then ended with Primus. :D

stevedasleeve said:
Wozzeck, Turn of the Screw, early Penderecki, late Bartok, Steve da sleeve

You have quite a eclectic taste in music. Your iPod probably rivals mine in the number of esoteric pieces of music that nobody but a geek would listen to. :)

The very first thing I did was create a brewday playlist. Its much too long to list all the songs but here are some of the bands:
Beatles
Bob Segar
Dan Auerbach
Devil Makes Three
Calexico
Black Keys
Fleetwood Mac
Iron and Wine
Led Zeppelin
Los Lobos
Rolling Stones
Sublime
Van Halen
ZZ Top

Not sure if I am really this old or just this eccentric, but here goes:

#1 Gordon Lightfoot Greatest Hits
#2 Jim Croce Greatest Hits
#3 Bob Dylan Greatest Hits

Now, before any on of you whipper-snappers says anything my favorite workout bands are:

Rage Against the Machine
Disturbed
Godsmack
Dropkick's

Old, but hardcore! :rockin:

I made a short beer playlist. So far I've got:
Beer - reel big fish
**** you I'm drunk - flogging Molly
John barleycorn - traffic
Beer for breakfast - the replacements
Four lokos - on the bn
Tubthumping - chumbawumba
Whiskey in the jar - metallica
Drunken lullabies - flogging Molly
Whiskey in my whiskey - felice brothers

The rest is filled in with some excellent Irish drinking songs and more flogging Molly.

Flogging molly doesn't do "**** you I'm drunk", that's a band called Bondo

Now, if you wanna throw Delilah on there, then hells yeah

Well you know what they say about great minds... :rockin:

Well they may be the best band in the history of the world... the only reason to not love them is to have never heard them (or especially seen them live).

A couple years ago I woulda said Rx Bandits would have given them a run for the title of best band ever, but the Bandits went waay too hippie for me, unfortunately. Still great, but somewhat lacking that fire that made them so incredible (and horns, of course... that was a sad day).

A couple years ago I woulda said Rx Bandits would have given them a run for the title of best band ever, but the Bandits went waay too hippie for me, unfortunately. Still great, but somewhat lacking that fire that made them so incredible (and horns, of course... that was a sad day).
I love the Bandits! I would say their newest album is too jam rock, and you're right about them losing their horns... it takes away alot. My band is actually playing with them in New Orleans this April :)

I just saw The Slackers last month in Fort Collins. Blew me away. Amazing band, I think I agree that they just might be one of the best bands of all time.

Man, you lads are all off track! It's BEER!!! Try: The Tannahill Weavers, Silly Wizard, Gaelic Storm, and The Rogues. Or anything else with great bagpipes.

Slainte, Mack

Another vote here for the Grateful Dead. Their music is best when you've got some time to listen to them really stretch it out, so it's perfect for brewing.

Others: podcasts (Dan Patrick Show most often), new jazz (same reason as the Dead, really), bluegrass (again with a preference toward recent/newgrass stuff).

Wesley Willis anyone?
That is funny, Wesley Willis. I have seen him live before. "Rock and Roll McDonalds", "Cut The Mullet"

OK, but really, post and pre punk
Garage Rock

Anything Morrissey and The Smiths #1
Jawbreaker
Get Up Kids
Knapsack
Pet Shop Boys
Pinhead Gunpowder
The Cure
Gordon Lightfoot
Sigur Ros
Johnny Cash

Pretty much all over

I love the Bandits! I would say their newest album is too jam rock, and you're right about them losing their horns... it takes away alot. My band is actually playing with them in New Orleans this April :)

I just saw The Slackers last month in Fort Collins. Blew me away. Amazing band, I think I agree that they just might be one of the best bands of all time.

Wow congrats, that's awesome! They're really chill guys... at a show in Pittsburgh a buddy and I walked to the show in a snowstorm and just walked backstage after the show... we wound up snowed in there with the band all night, we had a great time. I got hit in the balls with a snowball by Matt :drunk: haha. Everyone was easy to talk to. Of course this was on their tour for The Resignation so that was a while ago.

bovineblitz said:
Flogging molly doesn't do "**** you I'm drunk", that's a band called Bondo

Now, if you wanna throw Delilah on there, then hells yeah

Well they may be the best band in the history of the world... the only reason to not love them is to have never heard them (or especially seen them live).

Flogging does a sick cover then or a ton of youtubers have been duped.

+1 on rx. Rx was the ****! Saw them at the congress theater after progress came out but before their trombonist/singer left. One of the best shows I've seen.

Back