Pond Pump for Water Recirculation - Garden Hose Attachment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wgeronimo

Reaction score
Let me apologize in advance if this is a silly question or has been answered before but....

I am new to all grain brewing and am starting to move on to 10 gal batches. In an effort not to waste water I was hoping to recirculate using one of these cheap harbor freight pumps like this one. Many people have mentioned this here and other places.

http://www.harborfreight.com/264-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-68395.html

My immersion chiller has a garden hose fitting on the input end. How do I connect the pump to the chiller? Is there an adapter they sell for these pumps?

Appreciate the help.

that looks like a 1/2" hose nipple on the pump, so you need a section of 1/2" ID hose and then an adapter that is 1/2" hose barb on one side and a garden hose fitting on the other. those should be commonly available at most hardware stores.

just to make sure- you arent pumping wort with that, only water thru the chiller, right?

Thanks for the info. I think I am just going to look for a pump with a garden hose attachment. One less Home Depot trip I gotta take.

Thanks for the info.

Back