Converting from commercial kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatpuppies

Reaction score
I'm looking to get into kegging my beer so I don't have to worry about bottles and all that and I'm wondering how much would be required to convert this kit I found on craigslist to use with Carney kegs?

"Complete beer keg dispenser. Includes 2 CO2 Cylinders, Regulator, Tap, and hoses. Refrigerator accommodates 1/4 kegs of the Genny style. Will not fit Budwieser type kegs, but all of the plumbing can be put into any larger refrigerator to use with 1/2 kegs any style."

Converting a commercial style sanke kegerator to tap corny kegs is pretty simple. All you need is the two corny fittings, one for gas in and one for beer out. I think they run about 8-10 bucks each. Oh and a couple of hose clamps if you use the slip on type fittings.

They're asking 75 dollars for it, (Including fridge with tap on it) is that a fair price, I'd have to pay 30 dollars for the kit to convert it, plus 30 to 40 for a keg.

Back