Mounting Collar to Freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
How does everyone mount their collars to the freezer?

Also is the collar nailed together at the joints, using L-brackets, or just using wood glue?

I planned to apply some sealant around all the seams, to ensure air doesnt leak.

Thanks

Wow that is a lot more than i thought went into it.....

do alot of people mount theirs on the lid? i didnt wanna do that b/c i would have to remove my handles to open the freezer otherwise they would hit the wall.

I have the same freezer as Bobby, but my collar is mounted using silicone cement, to the bottom portion.

I moved my faucets all off to the right so I could get access to the kegs and not end up hitting a beer knob and pouring beer down my pants.

The upside is that mounting to the lower portion is certainly a lot less work. My whole project was less than a half day, including painting. The down side is that you raise your freezer ledge and that makes lifting those heavy cornies in and out more difficult. I also wanted to drill a whole in the back of the collar for my gas line and wanted it to be static.

I liked Bobby’s video and idea of the taps lifting up out of the way.

I also did mine to the bottom portion of the freezer. The part I like about the top is its easier to move your lines out of the way and of course easier to get your kegs into the freezer. Does require you to drill into the freezer wall in order to install the regulator(s) however it makes sense that they aren't in the way if drilling at the top. GOOD JOB BOBBY! I may use your idea next time I do a freezer.

Back