Off the Deep End!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yanos

Alaskan Assassin
Reaction score
I've been lurking long enough now that I should post an intro.

I'm a newbie to home brewing, but am a professional at consumption :drunk: . I've done quite a bit of research in the last 8 months on brewing. I plan over the newt two months to build up my "Brewery". Here's a sketch of my design:
HomeBrewery1.jpg

I already own the steel (leftovers from one of my company's projects). Natural gas burners, electronically controlled gas valves w/ pilot lights, march pumps......Too many ideas.

I recently scored a couple of deals. One was a threesome of cornies with a tap setup and tons of connectors and hoses, which immediately was installed in my garage fridge.

The other deal was a couple of table mount cappers, a fermenting bucket, two glass carboys and misc. for $10!

As for the title of this thread, I am going off the deep end without ever brewing on my own! The reason: The soon-to-be-wife says I need to focus on the wedding prior to starting the addiction. Two months to go till I can start pouring the heat to the kettles.

Oh, and before you guys can start stating the obvious, yes, I am whipped, but admitting it is the first step to recovery...

I look forward to gaining a more extensive insight to making beer from this group! :ban:

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the wedding. Mine is coming up in three and a half months now.

Looks like you are ready to brew, but will have to chomp at the bit for a while longer.

- magno

Unfortuanely the majority of the steel I salvaged is 4x4x3/16 tube steel, so I decided to use the added load capacity of the 4" tube steel in a unique way. we'll see.

Yanos said:
The soon-to-be-wife says I need to focus on the wedding prior to starting the addiction.

Good luck. your focus will be on something else soon - "Honey, I don't like our kitchen", "Do you think you could landscape the garden", "Lets move 14,000miles to Tasmania", "Lets build an extension"...

Anyho, welcome!!! :mug:

dibby33 said:
Good luck. your focus will be on something else soon - "Honey, I ...

Anyho, welcome!!! :mug:

well, she's been good up untill we started the wedding planning, Who spends $1400 on a wedding cake???? For $1400 I expect at least a bottle opener built into it.....and it to service my member!

Yanos said:
well, she's been good up untill we started the wedding planning, Who spends $1400 on a wedding cake???? For $1400 I expect at least a bottle opener built into it.....and it to service my member!

Good Lord, is there gold in that cake??? Prices certainly went up since I got married 15 1/2 years ago. Our cake was around $300, and I thought that was high!!! Heck you're spending almost as much on your cake as we did on the banquet hall. ($1600 including food and beer)

But I digress- Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your upcoming wedding and your soon-to-be-foray into the wonderful world of homebrewing. May both endeavors be enjoyed for a long lifetime.:mug:

Latest posts

Back