Simcoe Raspberry Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gannawdm

Reaction score
I just tried my 4th batch, a single hop Simcoe Pale Ale, and I absolutely love this beer. My girlfriend keeps bugging me to make her a raspberry beer of some sort (I'm not too big into fruit beers generally). As I was sipping on my Simcoe beer, I was thinking that this hop would go very well with Raspberries. Does anybody share the same sentiments? If I'm not totally off base here, what kind of style would work with Simcoe hops and raspberries?

Well, I know raspberries always go well with a stout, but not sure the simcoes would shine through in that. Get some extract and measure small amount into a glass of the beer that you just brewed. That will give you a good idea what it will taste like.

Being a big fan of Simcoe, I would say try your best not to waste simcoe on a fruit beer. I would hoard the simcoe for apa/ipas and use another hop, maybe more of a neutral hop, for a fruit beer.

Back