Chuggers pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually they're on ebay, but I'm not finding any. I've been using one for the last year and I love it. Mine actually has a stainless head unlike the march 809. I think I spent $89 for it, but I had a 10% off coupon.

There's plenty of pumps out there that can be used, but march was the most popular because of price and quality. I think the chugger is almost the exact same pump.

I bought my Little Giant 3-MD for $70 on eBay about a year ago, which now looks to have been an incredible deal. I should have bought two.

Have been looking at chugger, though. My Little Giant just started giving me problems. I could have dropped it, though. *shrugs*

Chugger is supposedly preparing for presale orders, according to their Facebook page.

I have two Chuggers, one with a stainless head, one plastic. They run great, no problems.

:rockin:

I think the chugger is almost the exact same pump.

It is!!.....Almost! The chugger guys, who "used" to be one of our distributors, decided to go out to China and have a copy made of the 809 in stainless. Granted our patents have long expired on these pumps as we have been around for over 55 years now. So we cant do anything about some one making copy's of our product. But it would have been nice for a courtesy "heads up guys" :rolleyes:
But, that's now in the past and we are all moving on :)

The only thing I would question the chugger guys about is the quality of the stainless for food applications. After the McToys lead fiasco, ya never know what is coming out of China quality wise these days. And when these chuggers first came up the motors didn't have and UL/CSA certifications. Which for most may not be a big deal but who do you go after liability wise if your house burns down due to faulty product??
They are indeed filling a void we unfortunately cant compete with trying to make a product that's made in the USA :(

cheers :mug:

-Walter

I bought a chugger stainless pump head when my march head broke and there is no noticable change in performance.

Back