quick sanitation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid_ak

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm still new to this, and have been meaning to get a baster/wine thief. Until I do though, I've been taking samples from my primary prior to taking hydrometer readings. I've been doing this with a sanitized measuring cup so far. I was just wondering if there was a quick way to sanitize this cup each time I want to take a sample? I have StarSan, and have been using very small amounts so far to do this job, but even that seems like a waste. Other thoughts?

Thanks,
AK

oh, no. is it okay to mix up a solution and keep it in a spray bottle for the long-term?

I don't know exactly how long it will keep but I don't think a month or two is an issue.

Use the search function, I think there have been a few threads on the subject.

That the best way. I don't use starsan any other way. You can even sanitize tubing with it by spraying it right into the end of the tubing and then letting it flow through. Just spray everything and you're good.

Terrific, thanks so much. I'd seen a couple things about it in the search, but wasn't sure of the consensus. I really appreciate your help! Thanks again,

AK

Latest posts

Back