My First Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronsky

Reaction score
I just cracked open my first *ever* Homebrew I made. It was the Caribou Slobber kit from Northern Brewer. I know I made mistakes, but I gotta say it's pretty d*mn good. So, to all you other noobs who are fretting and worrying over your first batch, I can say with all honesty: Relax, don't worry, and have a(nother) Homebrew.

If I can do it, so can you!

Congrats....

welcome to the addiction/hobby

I still remember my first. Now get brewing to build up that pipeline.

I was just about to post a similar story. Haven't bottled yet (just starting to cold crash), but my Two-Hearted clone tastes so much like the original, it is amazing. I would have believed it was the real thing left on a counter to warm up and uncarb. Can't wait to taste it cold from a bottle in about 3 weeks.

To echo your sentiments, if I can do it, anybody can. And I had trouble with off flavors with Mr. Beer.

Next brew is starting Sunday right after I bottle (Guinness clone). So excited!

yeah... my first I watched over, hawk eyed, waited, waited... then tasted. The following weekend I had 2 more kits, then 3, then 2, then 3, then started grabbing different variations of kit ingredients to play with.

Haven't bought commercial beer since.

Once you start... it is a snowball!

Subsailor said:
Congratulations! Start your next brew!

lumpher said:
congrats on taking on the challenge. what's fermenting now? :)

I am going out of town next week, and I did not want to start another and then leave. My confidence is not *that* high yet! ;)

But, next up is an Austin Homebrew Supply Honey Wheat kit that I am adding 3lbs of cherry puree to in the secondary.

ronsky said:
I just cracked open my first *ever* Homebrew I made. It was the Caribou Slobber kit from Northern Brewer. I know I made mistakes, but I gotta say it's pretty d*mn good. So, to all you other noobs who are fretting and worrying over your first batch, I can say with all honesty: Relax, don't worry, and have a(nother) Homebrew.

If I can do it, so can you!

Congrats to both of you newcomers!! Cheers!! I'll have one of my IPA's to celebrate!

Back