Hello from North Carolina!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbreeze

Reaction score
I have recently become interested in making my own beer. I admit that I know absolutely nothing about it outside of drinking it. I have tried several styles from our local store, and had the chance to try out an Irish Red from a guy at a store that sells stuff to make different beers in Belmont, NC. He said that he made it himself, and what I tried was awesome in flavor! I went to the store, and bought some Sam Adams Irish Red, and it doesnt hold a candle to this guys stuff. I want to explore the possibilities. Evidently, homebrew is better tasting than what you buy commercially. I have not even bought anything to make it with, but plan on it. I guess I just want to learn. Ever since I tried that guys beer, I have been on a mission to try other "homebrew" beers. I learned a lot from listening to him talk about the processes, and what I would need to do it. I really want to learn some more before I try to take it on myself. Anyhow, this is me, and I want to make some beer!

hi coolbreeze, sounds like you have the bug and you haven't even started yet, good luck with controlling that!

if you have a spare $20 i recommend getting your hands on some video tutorials on how to brew beer, there is a guy on this site who runs this blog and he promotes beereasy's video tutorials, I bought it last week and havent looked back.. check it out here - http://www.howtobrew-beer.com/beereasy

Or even go down to your local library and grab a few books or magazines if your strapped for cash, more info the better.

Welcome from North Carolina! You'll find everything you need to brew your own beer as good as the Irish Red you tried and more on this site.

Yes homebrew is a lot better the store beer. Welcome the the forum.

Roger

Welcome! A guy from the Charlotte area just joined the other day. Lots of us in NC.

Latest posts

Back