In which a newbie learns to check calculations....:)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohcanada

Reaction score
So the three of us over at the fledgling Moustache Brewing learned the other day to double check calculations or at least use the right numbers. We made a 5 gallon batch but only bought 24 22oz bottles. I think I did the match based on the bew keetle box saying it was good for 4 gallons. I guess that number got stuck in ny head......Long story short, when I realized we were about a 144 ounces worh of bottle short, we started popping the tops off beer in my fridge. Little did we pay attention to the fact the first 6 were screw tops!!!! So 18 beers deep in about 20 min we were ready with 12 pop top beer bottles ready to be filled with the remainder or our first batch.

In the end we were raccously having a good time and our mottled collection of 12 12oz bottle either got washed twice and santized twice or didnt even get rinsed out.... LMAO....

The first 24 came out nicely but the real mystery will come when we open the 12 ouncers!!!!!!!!

the excitement will be in the discovery I think!

Countdown to opening bottles day!

Back